Camera Reverses When Looking Straight Down

Reaction score
Having an issue when camera is pointed straight down, the image is switching back and fourth between a forward and reverse view? Making me crazy. Since new update. Anyone having this issue?

Having an issue when camera is pointed straight down, the image is switching back and fourth between a forward and reverse view? Making me crazy. Since new update. Anyone having this issue?
Yes, there has been some chatter about it and mention of a beta to fix it if you don't want to downgrade.

When gimbal is looking down, picture turns upside down (flips 180°)
Inverted camera feed since firmware update on P4P
Upgraded pahntom 4 pro+ firmware now screen projection flips vert...

Last edited:
I've read the "chatter" links and it appears that it is a case of still another update glitch. I have learned not to update but it is beyond any form of excuse that DJI continues to release updates that are either untried or designed to use us as beta testers.. What other company could continually do this and stay in business? I love my P4P+ but I paid almost two thousand dollars (U.S) for my package and cannot update in fear of the damage the company that made it will do to my investment. Absolutely ridiculous. There should be some accountability. Sorry for the mini rant. Off of my soapbox now, just really frustrated by DJI and how they continue to cause grief and worse to their customers.

Reactions: Brent10 and Shan
I've read the "chatter" links and it appears that it is a case of still another update glitch. I have learned not to update but it is beyond any form of excuse that DJI continues to release updates that are either untried or designed to use us as beta testers.. What other company could continually do this and stay in business? I love my P4P+ but I paid almost two thousand dollars (U.S) for my package and cannot update in fear of the damage the company that made it will do to my investment. Absolutely ridiculous. There should be some accountability. Sorry for the mini rant. Off of my soapbox now, just really frustrated by DJI and how they continue to cause grief and worse to their customers.
Your right, so very right. I crashed my p3 just after an update. I took off like normal at a 45 deg. after warmup and it went all over the place. Hit a tree and went into the water. I don’t believe DJI cared at all by their response to me. Others had the exact same problem.

I am not so sure this is a glitch, if you continue to go down with the camera, it will flip. Then you are looking the other way, not sure this was not on purpose. Serves a purpose, just press the button to put camera back in the up position, I have the right rear button set for this.

it has to be a glitch - to think it's in anyway 'a feature' is ridiculous

If you are filming and your opening shot is straight down then the image will flip. Roll the gimbal up (using C2 or wheel) to look horizontally and your video is upside down.

It seems to be a problem with the latest firmware - using assistant 2 to roll back seems to resolve the problem

Reactions: Dragonfly Joe
ir just roll back to the previous firmware using assistant 2 - I don't want to beta test DJI's products

Mine flips over too. :mad:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan