Camera Position

Reaction score
How can you tell the camera position on the drone, ie., is the camera pointed away or towards controller? Can the DGI App tell which way the camera is directed or does one just have to actually see the camera direction? Trying to understand since it affects joy stick controls.

The camera is always pointed forward. The tilt position of the camera is shown on the right side of DJI GO (the white dot).

upload_2018-1-2_10-20-0.png

Reactions: robby4570
I use the map view and not the radar view to answer this question. Difference in series where the radar shows up as default?

Thanks for the response. I understand the camera tilt indicator and understand the camera must be pointed forward but if drone is out of vision how do you know, if, the controller and myself are oriented to the North... how do I know the camera is directed to the North?
Hopefully. I am making myself clear on the question.

I follow you Pappy, (please excuse the pun). If you take off with the battery facing toward you, the camera facing forward, look at your map or radar screen for orientation. Once you fly away and happily lose site of your craft you still have that initial orientation to draw from. Now I could be wrong but from what I've seen and understood so far, the radar indicator has a north facing default orientation. I'll look again as soon as my battery charges again.

Reactions: chrismatthewssr
Thanks for the response. I understand the camera tilt indicator and understand the camera must be pointed forward but if drone is out of vision how do you know, if, the controller and myself are oriented to the North... how do I know the camera is directed to the North?
Hopefully. I am making myself clear on the question.
Use the arrow shown in the radar or map in the lower corner of the screen. It shows you which way the drone is facing.

how do I know the camera is directed to the North?
Do you really mean how do you know the front of the Phantom is facing North? If so, you can use the attitude indicator to see the Phantom's direction. Or look at the aircraft symbol on the map in DJI GO.

Here are a few videos that explain how the attitude indicator works:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
intertronixlabel