Camera horrible

Reaction score
Hi, I am sorry. I do not have a DJI Phantom. In fact, I have a Swann Xtreem Quadforce. I have a question. The camera is absolutely atrocious. 720p, very low bitrate. I can take it off. But my question is, is there a good high quality camera that can fit on my drone? Also, how would I attach it? Thank you guys. This is my first post here.

Hi, I am sorry. I do not have a DJI Phantom. In fact, I have a Swann Xtreem Quadforce. I have a question. The camera is absolutely atrocious. 720p, very low bitrate. I can take it off. But my question is, is there a good high quality camera that can fit on my drone? Also, how would I attach it? Thank you guys. This is my first post here.

Yi 4K or 4K+ would be an improvement.

Great starter! But not made for photography. You would do well with a Phantom 3 Standard.

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
Well.......gee you did get a few good answers and some jokes......however i Think you need a P3 Standard my very first drone was a "Toy Drone" it sure had a terrible camera too...it was $54.00 LOL.

Boris,
Seriously, unless you can find a compatible camera upgrade (check eBay), what you have will likely be as good as it gets. As @Dillusion was eluding to above, expecting impressive video from a camera on a drone at that price point is unrealistic. Good lighting will be crucial to get the best videos you can. Like MCM above, I started flying several years ago with a cheap drone, a Syma X5-SW, that cost me around $60 at the time. The camera and the resulting video was anything but spectacular, but I knew that going into it. I flew that drone for nearly a year, crashed it a few bazillion times, learned a lot, and when I had an opportunity to upgrade to a Phantom 3S, I went for it. A truly amazing machine. That was one of the best investments I've ever made. I still have my P3S but, I've since upgraded to a Phantom 4. Still, I started out with an inexpensive $60 drone too just to understand the whole experience. If you're really looking for better video, at some point, you'll need to consider upgrading to a drone with better hardware. Good luck.

Last edited:
Runnin..........a great post......sounds just like me too....except i have only one Drone my P3SE !

Reactions: RunningWithScissors
except i have only one Drone my P3SE !

MCM,
Thanks. The P3SE is a great piece of hardware for the money. I very seriously considered upgrading to a P3SE when they first came out, almost pulled the trigger several times. Then I looked at a P3A, then a P3 Pro, then a P4, then a....well, you get the picture. I finally bought an immaculate P4 with low hours that was in my budget, but my P3S will always be special to me. It's crashed at least twice (op error), used up at least 4 of its 9 lives (two of those 9 lives were sacrificed during the same flight), has flown well over 3x the advertised range of a P3S, and has always returned home, even when I thought I'd never see it again. Other than extra batteries, and replacing the anti-vibration board after one crash, its been very low maintenance. Like I said, it's an amazing machine. With God's blessings, it will continue to RTH for some time to come.

BTW, I still have the Syma, although it hasn't flown in nearly a year. All the old batteries I had for it died, so I bought a batch of new ones. I have let others practice flying using the Syma so they get a feel for what it's like. If they destroy it (I don't think that's possible) it's not a major loss. Getting started with an inexpensive "toy" drone was a perfect introduction to drones. That initial flying experience helped me a lot, and gave me a greater appreciation for my P3S. I wouldn't have done it any other way.

Last edited:
Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
I agree......i bet a lots of new drone owners.......fly too erratic and fast and end here asking "what happend".....My El cheep O drone was well worth ever penny i paid for it and it sure paved the way of drone flying and the day came that i got the Phantom P3 SE !

Reactions: RunningWithScissors

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
src72