camera guard

Reaction score
Took my uavbits gimbal guard off my vision plus and with a couple extra notches and widening the existing notch it fits perfect. It does bring the landing gear in slightly but nothing I'm worried about. Feel alot more comfortable now. Thought I'd share
PhotoGrid_1431299579041.jpg

I guess you're planning to always fly with VPS disabled?

I guess you're planning to always fly with VPS disabled?
Yup. Don't need it. I'm never low to the ground. And when I'm indoors I can take it off.

How/Where do you land?
Seriously? Lol uh on the ground ? Have a vision plus for a year never once had an issue landing without VRS. And 99.9% of the time I hand catch anyways. Another reason I put the guard on. Makes a perfrct handle

Seriously? Lol uh on the ground ? Have a vision plus for a year never once had an issue landing without VRS. And 99.9% of the time I hand catch anyways. Another reason I put the guard on. Makes a perfrct handle

My point... you _do_ fly near the ground. Turning the VRS off is up to the flier but I've noticed that the P3 is _far_ more stable near the ground with it turned on. It's a trade off... does the VRS offer more help then the possibility of a guard preventing damage.

My point... you _do_ fly near the ground. Turning the VRS off is up to the flier but I've noticed that the P3 is _far_ more stable near the ground with it turned on. It's a trade off... does the VRS offer more help then the possibility of a guard preventing damage.

I lost a vision plus camera from a fall onto a curb, if I would have had the guard it would have been fine, landing Is not an issue for me, like I said I mostly hand catch, and its just 4 zip ties. in the year of owning my v2+ and 300+ flights I never once flew it inside. so if I ever do with the p3 I can just cut the zip ties off.

I lost a vision plus camera from a fall onto a curb, if I would have had the guard it would have been fine, landing Is not an issue for me, like I said I mostly hand catch, and its just 4 zip ties. in the year of owning my v2+ and 300+ flights I never once flew it inside. so if I ever do with the p3 I can just cut the zip ties off.
Same here, almost always hand catch, and have never had a problem landing, not one tip-over in 200+ flights, so I don't see the need for VPS, but I do see a need to protect that camera and gimbal.

Reactions: Julius717
OK. So how does the plastic piece go back on between the camera and the gimbal? I tried for 20 minutes and couldn't figure out. Thanks in Advance.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.