Camera connection lost

Reaction score
Hello,

Just wondering if this has happened to anyone:

Loving the P2V so far - really responsive, good GPS lock, and I'm getting more used to piloting...

But on one of my recent flights, I'm not that far away, maybe 100-150 feet or so, taking a few pictures...I'm using the app to adjust the tilt of the camera, and suddenly the video freezes, and I no longer have control of the camera. The wifi signal is still strong, and the remote control was still working fine so I immediately brought the phantom back to me, and landed.

I tried resetting the app, which was still connected to the phantom network, but still no response from the camera.

I tried using the remote to start the props spinning, and the phantom wasn't responding to the remote either! I'm just glad it was on the ground. I'm not sure why it was able to respond for me to land it but I'm glad it did!

Had to shut down everything (wifi extender, controller, aircraft) and restart it all to get a connection back.

It almost seems like a chance occurrence, but I have no idea what the problem was that caused it...any ideas?

All my firmware is up to date.

Thanks,
Jeff.

I have had this happen twice in the past 2 months, have had approx. 130 total flights, the first I was over the surf up in Santa Barbara, California about 80 yards from the shore and was at an altitude of about 15' above the surf, scared the be-jesus out of me, the second and only other time was yesterday, was up at about 200' with calm dry weather and wham it froze, needed to come down for a new battery so landed and powered down (but did not power down either the iPhone, RC or the repeater) and regained the camera feed as soon as she powered back up and went through the GPS sequence start up.

I am up to date on every thing so I think it is a simple glitch.

Good luck!

I guess it could be worse if the drone would lose GPS connection or something, but it's just frustrating because I'm not sure what caused it and how to avoid it in the future. At least when it happened I was still able to use the remote to bring the drone to a controlled landing.

Everything is up to date as far as I can tell and hopefully it is just a freak accident and something that won't happen very often - I wasn't sure so I just thought I'd ask if it's something that people have been experiencing or if there's an easy fix for it that I haven't thought of.

Thanks for sharing your experience,
Jeff.

This sort of thing happening does not mean the camera has to be re-bound to the range extender, right?

Sorry if that's a stupid question

Yes, I had the camera freeze just once - nothing else. I checked it out after landing and still it wouldn't respond, so I turned off everything and "rebooted", it worked fine, and I've not had a problem since. Incidentally, on this forum I read many people having problems with the P2V. The good folks at Dronefly told me that no one has had problems after the second shipment. Mine was one in the third shipment, and I've had not problems except the time I had the S1 switch in the down position at take off.

This is normal when using your Phantom in locations with heavy wifi and electrical interference. There is one spot I fly at that does something not to different from this to the FPV feed, but walk 50 feet away and it works fine, night and day difference. This is a wireless signal and susceptible to interference from similar sources. Many people seem to keep forgetting that.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4