Camera angled, gimbal clicking constantly, and "gimbal motor overload" error

G

guest1231

So I was flying the P3 last night and it wasn't hovering at all, just veering off. It veered off and it hit my car. Not hard but it stopped the propellers from spinning. Now whenever I try and fly it, the gimbal is constantly clicking, the camera is always at an angle, and i keep getting "gimbal motor overload" error showing on my phone. I have done a lot of searching on Google. I did a gimbal calibration twice, I did an IMU calibration twice, and I even removed the 5 tiny screws and the back plate off the camera and looked at that rod with the flat side. I verified the rod flat side was already lined up with the camera, so that was not the issue.

What really worries me is that this drone is not mine, it is my boss's he lent to me to learn how to fly and teach him. So I want to get this fixed ASAP. I am willing to buy a new gimbal if that is what is needed. I just want to get this fixed. I would appreciate any help or advice.
Thanks!
Mike

Does anyone have any ideas on what could be causing this or how to fix it? I'm pretty desperate here. Hoping for an answer that does not involve me shelling out hundreds of dollars.
Thanks!
Mike

Same happened to me, the gimbal motor gets way too hot and the camera makes this clicking sound, hope someone can help us.

Regards.

Glad to hear someone else has the same issue. So I contacted a drone repair company online yesterday. I sent him a video of what the drone does when I turn it on. I told him the video still works fine. He quoted me $150 to replace the gimbal.

Now I've seen youtube videos on replacing this thing. It looks involved, but definitely not impossible. Have other people replaced the gimbal? How difficult is it? Is it worth it just to spend the $150 and be done with it?

try replacing ribbon cable first. cheap option.

replacing gimbal is also very easy. plenty youtube videos with step by step guide.

Man, I looked at some Youtube videos today and it looked anything but easy!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers