Called for an update, ignored, now nothing will connect.

FYI ... you can ignore firmware updates hundreds of times without it having any effect on your Phantom.
That's not related to whatever issue you are dealing with.

Do you know if ignoring firmware updates, and not being on the latest version affects care refresh if something happens? I assume the firmware version is available in the logs. I've purposely stayed on an older version with my P4P, but I don't think I'm ever going to do any mods to it. So if it would affect the way DJI would respond with care refresh, I think I should probably just give in and update.

Reactions: K Henry
Do you know if ignoring firmware updates, and not being on the latest version affects care refresh if something happens? I assume the firmware version is available in the logs. I've purposely stayed on an older version with my P4P, but I don't think I'm ever going to do any mods to it. So if it would affect the way DJI would respond with care refresh, I think I should probably just give in and update.
Youve made an excellent point! Thanks, may your props remain spinning!

Just guessing but I'd say probably not.
The kinds of things that are in firmware updates are not the kind of things that affect whether your Phantom crashes or not.

Reactions: K Henry
FYI ... you can ignore firmware updates hundreds of times without it having any effect on your Phantom.
That's not related to whatever issue you are dealing with.

Like Meta said, if you've been ignoring updates, that isn't going to impact your ability to fly. I've been ignoring updates for, what, over a year now, and I've had no problens flying wherever/whenever. Gotta believe something else is going on there. Good luck sorting out the problem.

Last edited:
U know since u have no internet at home....u could hotspot the dji tablet on the + model with your phone....there is your internet!

So, did you get it back from the "shop" yet? What was their diagnosis?

Yes. They do not repair, they replace. With a bill of almost $850, I complained, and was given a 10% discount. Probably the same discount given to those who bought the 'repair care' package deal from DJI. It works like new because it is new. I also believe the control box (w/screen) was updated. C1 & C2 seem to have more options too.
So...thanks for asking, oh, and it was almost crashed again in a swamp area, but I think it avoided a little bush sticking up by itself.
Now days I'm prepping for a world event that I truly believe will reveal itself by the end of Sept. Hope I'm wrong. MRMBB333 on Utube has some important inf. that is not available on ANY local news...not even FOX will carry this news.
Stay safe fly strait and never crash!

Sent in for repairs, they do not repair (DJI), they only replace. !0% discount for being a pain in their asses. Appx. $730 total. All new. Who knows who's to be blamed, if any at all. Beware...be prepared. The more we do, the more mistakes we make. Maybe I should just fly less?
Ola

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik