Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

1. K Henry

, Called for an update but I ignored it 3 times or so. Now I can't fly at all. I cannot connect it to Wi Fi., and no start up screen, just an ad to go globally with it(not interested) No home screen. Can't get into anything internaly. Drone and control do not connect. Anyone...? Going crazy!

#1 K Henry, Apr 23, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2018
  2. Fly Dawg

It certainly would be helpful, if the "Generic" update statement would be described in more detail. Such as is this an app update? A firmware update? A n OS update? Sorry, just a little peeve of mine. Want to assist when possible, but when such little information is provided, makes it a bit more difficult for anyone to give advice.

dmiles, Pharm and Oso like this.
  3. ianzone

Bummer that one I been there,try reinstall of djigo4 and that will bring back up the updates required prompt and go from there,hope this works for you

MotorCycle-Man and K Henry like this.
  4. K Henry

Sorry, but thee is no way of telling, it happened and now no information can be gathered. Thought it might be common, guess not. Not enough information for me either. Wish there was a reset button!. Thanks anyway...sending in for repairs.

5. K Henry

Sounds good, but I can't even get a home screen...only an advertisement encompasses everything and I can't get rid of it.

6. JarrodF

Can you at least update the bird with Assistant? Are you saying that the tablet is locked? What kind is it? If it's an iPad you can do a hard reset (holding down home & off button for several seconds).

7. Meta4

Meta4 Moderator
    Staff Member

FYI ... you can ignore firmware updates hundreds of times without it having any effect on your Phantom.
    That's not related to whatever issue you are dealing with.

MotorCycle-Man and K Henry like this.
  8. K Henry

Well, thank you! Excellent to know.

9. K Henry

Sorry, it's a pro +. No tablet. back to the shop I guess...can't get the internet where it was no problem before.

10. Loz

Loz

Perhaps you if you posted a picture of the “ad to go globally” which makes no sense to me, we may be able to assist. It’s much easier if you tell us what you have (equipment) and exactly what you did or were trying to do, rather than us guessing? Hope you get it sorted

K Henry likes this.
  11. K Henry

This is the screen that won't go away. But non being able to connect to the internet seems to be the BIG problem. Why can't I connect? That's the focuss right now. Back to the shop with it?!

Attached Files:

12. barefootbeachcombing

It looks like you need to sign in to the app.

13. Loz

Loz

Yep - bottom right hand corner, that’s the very first thing you need to do, if you have never signed in before or don’t have a DJI signin follow bottom left had button which should help you do that. For clarity, that screen is normal not a fault. One only needs to sign on once, after which it will remember your signin info for future flights. Let us know how you go with this..

14. ETC

ETC

I guess this is another good reason to use litchi as I never see any update warnings and now problems either.

K Henry likes this.
  15. K Henry

But I've continual stories about litchi that are bad. Really, no good ones. I realize that good stories don't get memorialized as they should. I am interested. Your experience would be appreciated! Thank you, Keith

16. Loz

Loz

Hi Keith, did you try logging on as per posts above earlier? Litchi works just fine - I’ve never had a problem, but sir with respect let’s solve one problem (assuming you still do have a problem?) before we go onto another possible source of problems. Your call, do let us know

K Henry likes this.
  17. ETC

ETC

I only use litchi and have for over a year on 4 different drones - not one problem as long as you use ios. Unfortunately androids are hit and miss but especially bad with the go app. Litchi seems fine on just about any device.

I read somewhere that litchi didn't work well so I just gave up reading.

18. K Henry

After the internet is working again, I'm going to try different options. **** internet.

19. Loz

Loz

Keith I’m sorry but I’m not understanding you so will stand down. The internet has not stopped working else we could not communicate

20. K Henry

Please understand...using my phone is the easiest to do. My computers, TV, and my drone will not hook up. Repaire man is comming today. is your understanding better now?