Calibration problem

Reaction score
Hi guys I have a p3se with a calibration problem. When I turn the bird on and try to do a compass calibration it doesn't calibrate . No matter if I move and take off watch etc. Also the map didn't update so the bird wouldn't start . I had 17 satallites, turned it off and restart phone too but won't work . Any ideas? Cheers Dave

Reactions: chrismatthewssr
Hi guys I have a p3se with a calibration problem. When I turn the bird on and try to do a compass calibration it doesn't calibrate . No matter if I move and take off watch etc. Also the map didn't update so the bird wouldn't start . I had 17 satallites, turned it off and restart phone too but won't work . Any ideas? Cheers Dave
There should be no need to calibrate the compass of your Phantom before flying.
If repeated attempts to calibrate the compass fail, you should look at the Sensor Data in the app settings.
If you have a number for the compass data, things are good.
If you have zero, the compass is disconnected and will never calibrate.
It could be a loose connection to the mainboard or a broken wire in the landing gear.

GPS sats and maps are completely unrelated to compass calibration or each other.

Thanks for that . This all happened after I installed a ARGtek range extender. Do you think maybe one of the connections in the remote is not connected correctly ?

Maybe, maybe not, either way, it has nothing to do with your compass or your compass calibration, unless you're saying your controller is dead and you can't invoke the compass calibration.

There was no big metal things, or strong magnetic fields in your environment? I had an experience, that I wasn't able to calibrate the drone, so it wasn't enabled to start it, it forced me to calibrate again and again, but the calibration failed every time. I had to go 20 meters away, calibrate it successfully, only then was it possible to start the drone.

Well in the end I tested the p3se with the ARGtek antenna up grade and it was terrible. I had all those compass calibration problems an finally when she went the range was half what I get from the standard antenna even over head it would lose reception with the ARGtek it was bad

Well in the end I tested the p3se with the ARGtek antenna up grade and it was terrible. I had all those compass calibration problems an finally when she went the range was half what I get from the standard antenna even over head it would lose reception with the ARGtek it was bad
A readed about a case, when Argtek antenna wasn't helped to much, The buyer has taken it back to the merchant, got a new one, which doubled his range. It is possible you got a faulty piece as well.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl