Calculating Workable acres

Reaction score
Hey, everyone, looking a purchasing a Pro 4 to be able to calculate how many workable acres we have in each field, can I access this on the system platform or would I need an outside expensive software like drone deploy? Forgive me if it's a stupid question I am new to drones

Some softwares will do that but another alternative is to fly directly over a point of reference then pointing the camera straight down over the mark and take a shot. Once in your computer if you check the file (exif, details) you will have the GPS coordinates of your image, this will permit you to pin it in google earth or orher maps and it can help you calculate the area, Not as easy as dedicated software but free.

Last edited:
Hey, everyone, looking a purchasing a Pro 4 to be able to calculate how many workable acres we have in each field, can I access this on the system platform or would I need an outside expensive software like drone deploy? Forgive me if it's a stupid question I am new to drones
That's going to depend on what's involved in determining what's workable and what isn't.
What do you need?

I just need to fly over what is already being worked and determine how many acres it is
If it's a regular rectangular area, you could get dimensions from the Phantom's instruments but if it's an irregular shape, that sounds like it would be easy in DroneDeploy, definitely worth trying it out.
They have a 30 day free trial and also have a free program with lower resolution than for their paid packages.

Go onto pasture map. A site I found to keep track of my cattle. You can find your field on a Google map they use and make lines, corners,angles, what ever your field may be. It will calculate your acres.

IMG_1113.PNG

My goodness! We just did this for a client and were able to provide her with the exact acreage of her workable land, pasture land and forage... we used Map Pilot to map it, and Maps Made Easy to stitch it. They have an easy tool in there to mark out your arable land. You can even calculate volume of ditches or holes if you want.

Reactions: BigAl07

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20