Cache/SD Card

Reaction score
Hello to all.

Has anyone dealt with a clean (formatted) sd card (64g in my case), and around the 9g mark, my phantom failed to continue recording? I need to try this again as I cannot remember if the error message was "Cache full ....." or something else?

Trying to determine if this is GoApp related or hardware? Thanks in advance.

Reactions: Michael mashburn
The cache should be on your mobile device, not the sd card.

Rod

The message I saw was so quick. If it was cache related (me not fully understanding cache), I didn't think the app settings could limit the data written to the card?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using PhantomPilots mobile app

That's the only cache I can think of. You had multiple files on your sd card, or one 9g?

Rod

Multiple. I use my P3S for smaller range jobs and a P3P for longe range missions. I cleared the previous days work and filmed the kids over the holidays just using my standard this time. Multiple small videos, handful of images, and all of a sudden I got the "message" that it couldn't continue saving data. I can fill up a card with my P3P, and I hadn't used my standard enough since the last update a few weeks ago. Just wanted to throw this out there.

I need to format, and fly the standard again and record the message (I know it's not fair to post semi poor information to this forum sorry).

Multiple. I use my P3S for smaller range jobs and a P3P for longe range missions. I cleared the previous days work and filmed the kids over the holidays just using my standard this time. Multiple small videos, handful of images, and all of a sudden I got the "message" that it couldn't continue saving data. I can fill up a card with my P3P, and I hadn't used my standard enough since the last update a few weeks ago. Just wanted to throw this out there.

I need to format, and fly the standard again and record the message (I know it's not fair to post semi poor information to this forum sorry).

"(I know it's not fair to post semi poor information to this forum sorry)."
I don't no why you would be sorry.

I guess I would defiantly format in the Standard, I have seen that fix some weird problems.

Now I get it, you used the word cache :rolleyes:

Some other confusing stuff.
How many hours can record?

;)

Rod

I was experimenting yesterday with my P3P and a 64 Gb card. I formatted it in ExFat and set it on the desk to start recording. (I wanted to see if it would still do the 4 Gb breaks)
Well, it broke the files down to 4 Gb as expected, but somewhere on the third one it beeped and stopped recording. Not sure why.

Reactions: RodPad
Hello to all.

Has anyone dealt with a clean (formatted) sd card (64g in my case), and around the 9g mark, my phantom failed to continue recording? I need to try this again as I cannot remember if the error message was "Cache full ....." or something else?

Hello to all.

I have problem trying to update firmwear says no SD card when I try it

I have problem trying to update firmwear says no SD card when I try it
Welcome to the Forum!

Your posting in threads that has nothing to do with your problem, usually nobody will reply ;)

First of all what model of Phantom do you have.

Rod

You need to have an SD card in the bird to cache the update, probably.

Maybe card is bad, or needs to be formatted...?

Ok, need some background stuff,
Is this a new problem?
A new or used Phantom?
This a new SD card that you just purchased because the other card had the same problem?

Rod

Ok, need some background stuff,
Is this a new problem?
A new or used Phantom?
This a new SD card that you just purchased because the other card had the same problem?

Rod
The phantom 3 standard is new the old SD card got messed up so I bought a new SD car I got the drone from best buy,i opened the drone up charged the battery and RC drone did fine till this new update,now I can connect to the camera,but I get no view from when I go in it I get the calibrate and firmware lasted version pops up

"the old SD card got messed up" what happened ?
"i opened the drone up charged the battery" The box ?
"RC drone did fine till this new update" so had been working fine until the update?
"now I can connect to the camera, but I get no view from when I go in it" you mean the go-app because your saying the camera is not working?

So if the Phantom doesn't see the card, the only way to format the card is with a computer.
This new card, name, size and class?
How long you had this Phantom, and how many flight more the 10?

Rod

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arthurbiss