CAA - how can you do house roofing views?

Reaction score
Read the CAA guidlines for commerical flights and it appears to say keep 50 metres away from buildings. So how do these companies that offer Roof Inspections get close? Do you need some kind of exception from CAA?

Ive seen plenty of CAA Approved businesses offering it and videos of going much closer than 50 metres. Reason I ask is Im looking to do this when i get my CAA license in summer time.

Read the CAA guidlines for commerical flights and it appears to say keep 50 metres away from buildings. So how do these companies that offer Roof Inspections get close? Do you need some kind of exception from CAA?

Ive seen plenty of CAA Approved businesses offering it and videos of going much closer than 50 metres. Reason I ask is Im looking to do this when i get my CAA license in summer time.

A latter and selfie pole. [url=http://www.desicomments.com/desi/smileys/][/URL]

Re check the CAA laws. Im in Canada but the distance requirement is for buildings that are NOT the subject of the work.

If you have permission of the landowner and 'you have control' of the area (in other words, people are briefed as to what you are doing). You can then fly close in to a building or close to people (film set) as long as you mitigate the risks. It is the pilots responsibility to fly in a safe manner.

Reactions: jase888

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj