Bye bye phantom. It was fun :(

I'll have to look around..... but it was just recently that someone asked the same thing and YES, they do sell an "empty" battery housing. It might not be made by DJI, but I saw the pictures. It was around $30 US. Now I just have to remember if it was here or Facebook I saw it..........

Banggood ... sell the case..but there's nothing else but the plastic.

Nigel

Well drone was collected by courtiers this afternoon. Hopefully arrive at the drone doctor tomorrow. Then a few days for a quote to be drafted.

I'm scared lol.

I figure if it's economical to repair then I will.

If not then I will sell it for spares and repairs , sell the remote with dbs fitted and a battery. And then save some more for the professional:)

Reactions: Matts175
One day after posting a message regarding my being a ******* and crashing my Phantom 3Pro into a tall tree that was at least 50 yards from my home point while I had my Phantom going full speed. One or more of the four motors started making a terrible racket as it tumbled down from branch to branch before hitting the ground. I swear it seemed like my drone hit every darn branch on that tree. As it tumbled down to the ground.
I was furious at myself for pulling such a stupid stunt. The camera had a shattered glass filter, which did protect the lens. The leg that the altimeter was attached to was ripped right out of the body. The base plate that attaches the gimbal an camera was bent and gimbal was broken into four pieces. Did I mention that I was flying my Phantom at full speed.
After getting good advice from members of this group, I decided to go through Amazon and the vendor, SURE RC. I have nothing, but good things to say about both parties, as well as PayPal.
I ordered replacement parts and replaced all of broken parts, including the power ribbon. I did notice that one of the shafts on the gimbal appeared to be slightly bent and the main cover for the electronics was also broke where the shaft comes out...
After I did as much repairing as I could possibly do, I put in a battery, turned it on and immediately noticed that the camera and gimbal was not responding at all. Then I gave the command for the motors to start and they did start spinning, but there was a lot of noise coming from the motors that I had NEVER heard before and hope I never hear ever again. I am guessing that my Sweet little Phantom would be a total loss. I am going to send it to DJI, just to get an estimate, but I went ahead and purchased another brand new P3Pro at what I felt was a great price, $600.00. Now I have seven high capacity batteries. I tried to find a vendor that would send me just a new P3Pro, but without batteries or a controller. Nobody would sell me just the drone.
Also, my replacement Phantom 4PRO came today as the first one had major issues. Does DJI's quality control suck or what.

I feel for you mate.
I lost mine about 3/4 weeks ago, stupid pilot error. Really cheesed off. Mate of a mate had one he was selling as wanted the new 4 pro. £200 and only 4 flights. A happy chappy again. You never know, you may get lucky like I did.

Reactions: Dazzauk
Wonder if they ship to U.K.?
Yes, I bought many times from them when I lived in London. Keep in mind though that they ship from China, so it takes 3 weeks to get there. In case of problems, usually they do a really good job of solving them (for free)

Bang good actually have a UK warehouse as well.

When you order - click on the warehouse entry and you may have a choice.

Nigel

Sorry to hear that Daz - it's horrible to feel that helpless and just watch the horror unfold. Have you thought of building your own Drone?

Reactions: Dazzauk
Sorry to hear that Daz - it's horrible to feel that helpless and just watch the horror unfold. Have you thought of building your own Drone?

I haven't thought about building my own drone, but I guess lots of people do :)

That would be pretty cool,

But to be fair I do love everything about he dji range of ready to fly birds. In an ideal world I'd have a p4 and a mavic lol.

I had a big old rc plane that did a straight down nose dive into the ground - basically rebuilt the whole plane from the plans over the winter that year - loved flying it - it just floated almost like a glider rather than a powered craft...

I have a P3 Pro with 3 hours flight tops.. ND8 filer, original Filter, extra battery and a SKB hard case with wheels, charger and props for $700 sorry for your loss.

Nothing personal, but that's some of the sketchiest flying I've ever seen. It reminded me of a camera view made to appear like it was from the view of a victim being hunted by something. A tree took that one out not a chimney. That's very clear from the video.

Nothing personal, but that's some of the sketchiest flying I've ever seen. It reminded me of a camera view made to appear like it was from the view of a victim being hunted by something. A tree took that one out not a chimney. That's very clear from the video.

Nothing personal, but that's some of the sketchiest replies I've ever seen. :)
The video you're referring to has nothing to do with the OP crashing his P3S against a chimney because of RTH. And maybe you also missed the fact that the video was sped up 2x, and that's why camera movements look a bit erratic.

Last edited:
Reactions: mdowney58
Ohhh, BTW..... I'm not sure about the UK, but in the US if there is a structure, you can be 400 feet above it. Therefore, you could legally fly over that chimney at 1000 feet.
I havnt seen any new update for hobbiest, but last I read the 400 over structure only applies if you are a part 107 certified pilot. Otherwise as a hobbiest our ceiling is 400 no matter what. Sadly unless his RTH was 1000ft in this instance he still would have hit. It was directly in line. Hopefully it's a quick repair for you. Sorry to hear it happened.

Reactions: shane05

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jorge sanchez