Buy Used Mavic Pro or NEW Mavic Air 2?

Reaction score
( I've corrected my original post as I typed the wrong thing)

If given the opportunity (and not for recreational flying more for work) would you buy a used Mavic Pro which I've seen go for about $500-$700 USD or a new Mavic Air 2? Just curious with the technological advances which is worth buying more in 2020.

Thanks!

Last edited:
I know a lot of people like what the MP2 has to offer..1" sensor and all. If given the opportunity (and not for recreational flying more for work) would you buy a used MP2 which I've seen go for about $500-$700 USD or a new Mavic Air 2? Just curious with the technological advances which is worth buying more in 2020.

Thanks!
I would go with the M2P in any case and absolutely if you can get that kind of price. I'm not sure where you're looking, but getting a M2P for $500 to $700 is an incredible deal. Perhaps you are looking at the original Mavic Pro? That sounds more reasonable and it is still a good deal.

If you do find a M2P for $500 please let me know where!

Reactions: ron-ep
I would go with the M2P in any case and absolutely if you can get that kind of price. I'm not sure where you're looking, but getting a M2P for $500 to $700 is an incredible deal. Perhaps you are looking at the original Mavic Pro? That sounds more reasonable and it is still a good deal.

If you do find a M2P for $500 please let me know where!

Argh! YES! I totally had that incorrect @PhantomFandom I don't know what I was thinking when I typed that. I totally meant the Mavic Pro. Still my question stands. Which of the 2 for those prices?

Argh! YES! I totally had that incorrect @PhantomFandom I don't know what I was thinking when I typed that. I totally meant the Mavic Pro. Still my question stands. Which of the 2 for those prices?
OK now that makes much more sense.

Well I don't have the MA2. I have owned the original MP and have the original MA though. Since I don't have an MA2 for comparison, I can't really comment. Honestly though I would choose a P4P over both of those. Still one of my favorites!

Don't buy the MP. IMO that's the worst camera DJI has put out. The lens is very poor, lots of sun flares that other DJI cameras don't have. The write speed to the SD card is slow, which create artifacts in the video for certain scenery (watter, bushes, grass closeups). The P3P had a much better camera, due to superior lens quality. The MA2 is a better investment, a better camera, even 4K@60FPS support, and intelligent flight modes that work better than MP. I sold my MP as soon as possible, I just wasn't happy with it after happily flying P3P for 18mos with good video recording, expecting equal or better video with MP, and got worse. Oh yeah, the gimbal is a weak link on the MP also, poor design. Many went bad for no reason, mine included at 4mo old. Fortunately I was in warranty and DJI replaced the craft. Go with MA2 if you can afford it.

Last edited:
I have an MP, a M2P, and a P4Advanced. I purchased each of them on CraigsList over the past nine months. Pricing was between $700 and $800 with two batteries for each one. In my opinion, the best performing and video of the three is the M2P.

in this case it would be the Mavic Air 2. Not the Mavic Pro. For those who did not read the question correctly, he was comparing the Mavic Pro to the Air 2 and NOT the Mavic 2
Perhaps you should take a little time and read the entire thread? We did read the question correctly. OP originally posted it as a M2P vs MA2. When I asked OP about that, the OP then corrected it to reflect MP.

Has to be lMA2

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers