But does it work well with the P3S?

Looks like you may have to drill your RC with that mount.
So I got mine and I'm setting it up but it didn't come with the hex screw to screw them in. What size does it need? Also, how do you get it to keep your tablet up, mine is very flimsy. Thank you :)

-"I may be tall but I want to feel even taller!"

I have the same tablet, you just have to get all the android updates done before the app will load. No problems once the tablet is updated!

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app
Very good. Thanks for the replies. I did eventually get the app installed and registered. The DJI GO screen tells me some updates are required so I guess that means i'll be uploading new firmware or software on the PS3 and/or RC before we get airborne.

So I got mine and I'm setting it up but it didn't come with the hex screw to screw them in. What size does it need? Also, how do you get it to keep your tablet up, mine is very flimsy. Thank you :)

Update: you screw it in to get tighter but the whole set up takes 3 different types of hex screw drivers and one flat head none of which are provided but once you get past that it works great!

I bought the Insignia last week from best Buy, and it works great, with the DJI go app. !!!
Be carefull there are TWO versions, 7.85 inch Flex ELITE or the Flex 8 model
The one to buy is the Insignia 7.85 inch, as it has more --- RAM --- Higher resolution display -- Faster Processor
concerning the two versions 7.85 inch flex elite and flex 8 inch and flex 10.1 inch ,,do you know if the flex 8 or 10 version works with dji app,,,thks

Based on this thread I went out an bought the Insignia flex 7.85 at Best Buy and set it up with no problems-now I won't have to use my iphone 5S with the tiny screen...thanks for the info, can't wait until the wind gusts go under 50mph.

that really bites we are always waiting on the wind

Wow both my parts came in today. The inspire holder looks so small. Hmm. Let me look at this pic again. Trying to figure out how to install it. I thought it was a tablet holder. It looks like a phone holder.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

show some pics tony of it

show some pics tony of it
Ok. Still putting it together. It looks like it might fit 7.9inch tablet. I have a iPad Air. 9.7 inch. But I'm willing to try this insignia for 99 dollars if it works. I will only use it for my phantom. Really want iPad mini 2 however if I'm forced to buy another
80e80ce27525c5fbcdcb978a8948fdb5.jpg
dbcb07aebfdd55fb288cb0fd038d0345.jpg

Last edited:
yeah I got the insignia from best buy 7.9 works good cant wait for my parts they look good

yeah I got the insignia from best buy 7.9 works good cant wait for my parts they look good
The problem will it all. Looks like that screw needs a Allen wrench. I can't tighten it with current screw driver. Pita honestly. Take a look. It fits in the arm holder. But nothing on the other end to keep it tight as well.
9cbdf217010f4668bce587e8a57f017e.jpg

Last edited:
The cheapest way to mount a tablet is to use a sticky gel pad from e bay and stick it on the back of tablet it will then fit in your standard controller

Ok. I got er done. I ran to the local hardware store. You will need a 2 millimeter Allen wrench to tighten the screw. Then boom. All set.
88da7e1399c8f3615981dc70774ecf01.jpg
c3390aa6e2c7cb7072b1ce9d051b1bd0.jpg

79a36e98e65432fe70e32d829e5c95de.jpg

Ok. I got er done. I ran to the local hardware store. You will need a 2 millimeter Allen wrench to tighten the screw. Then boom. All set.

Looks great. Color me jealous!!

Reactions: Tony Cowan
Another big surprise. My iPad Air fits perfectly. No need to get a new tablet. Outstanding. No movement
3aa865acff2127a46bf9daec7ea11887.jpg

Reactions: Squirrel!
so how due you like it

It's the best ever now I just found out this. Look at my hard case. It folds to fit. Sweet. I must admit. I am not gonna know what to do watching my phantom from such a big screen and not looking at my tiny phone.
bc943617bf7f7b45267270f11362982b.jpg

waiting for mine next week until I fly again bigger screen much better is it real stable no wobble

The cheapest way to mount a tablet is to use a sticky gel pad from e bay and stick it on the back of tablet it will then fit in your standard controller
This was cheap too. Out of pocket for everything. 40 bucks. Or less. And it's very professional looking. No holes. Colors Match.

waiting for mine next week until I fly again bigger screen much better is it real stable no wobble
Yes. Not even a little movement. It's centered. It just feels weird as its heavier with the full screen tablet.

Reactions: Squirrel!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4