Business License

J&W

Reaction score
I was wondering what others are doing about business licenses in the US. Specifically those who work out of their home and do not have a commercial office. I come from a service industry where every local municipality wants you to get a city business license. How many of you who are in business either full or part time get local licenses? I was thinking also if I have a city business license then if the local LEO wanted to question me having a city business license might help. Any comments or best practices would be helpful.
Thanks

I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong. Where we live, South West Florida requires you to have business license from the City or County you reside if your business is out of your home or where ever your business is listed on your LLC, S Corp, etc documentation.

Performing work in other municipalities does not need another business license but may require special permits. I am sure there are exceptions to this rule in larger cities. The only way to know for sure is to contact your city officials.

Here in Western NC we have to file with the county even if you are operating from your home. They want their cut LOL.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj