Burnt out my drone on first flight

Reaction score
Hi just got a Drone from Japan

GPS 4GHz FPV Wifi Drone RC Quadcopter with 1080P Camera Follow Me Mode/NCSRBF
It landed an one rotor stuck on a twig which burnt a component on the circuit board
One rotor runs when switched off but not when drone switched on
Where can I get new circuit board from
Help

Last edited by a moderator:
Question : How could One rotor run when switched OFF......But not run when switched ON.......thats very confusing explain more / better please ! Then stay tuned and hope you get some information on the place to get a new main board ! will you remove the old and install the new....have you got some soldering abilities ?

I have no clue what you have but maybe someone reading this will and can help you.
Welcome to the forum and good luck .
0ROJYyg.png

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
And.....i agree on trying to figure out what he or she has..and FOR ONE.......i never Ever Click on a link like they posted period ! Sounds like a very long flight.....quote : " I just got a drone from Japan and it landed " ! (?)

If I may make a suggestion.The current drone you have is probably an expensive toy.

DJI makes professional quality machines. My suggestion to you is, lick your wounds and don't waste anymore money on the one you have now.

Check out the classified adds here in this forum. Their are some great deals on slightly used machines.

Have a great day. Chose wisely

Kielma
DJI: The rest are just toys.

Reactions: The Flyer

It landed an one rotor stuck on a twig which burnt a component on the circuit board
Help

Hello and WELCOME to the forum :)

As this is a DJI Phantom forum I doubt you'll find many (any) here with any technical experience with your specific aircraft.

If I were betting I'd guess the repairs on that unit (assuming you can get all the parts you need) will cost more than a new aircraft will.

Good luck and we hope you get to flying again SOON!!

Allen

Hello and WELCOME to the forum :)

As this is a DJI Phantom forum I doubt you'll find many (any) here with any technical experience with your specific aircraft.

If I were betting I'd guess the repairs on that unit (assuming you can get all the parts you need) will cost more than a new aircraft will.

Good luck and we hope you get to flying again SOON!!

Allen
throw in garbage and get a DJI

*Edited by Moderator*

Last edited by a moderator:
throw in garbage and get a DJI

*Edited by Moderator*

@The Flyer .... not cool ! ! !
A) We are better than this. This is NOT how we welcome and interact with members who come here asking for help.

B) There are other aircraft brands besides DJI that are very capable and high quality. Don't think that DJI is the only worthy brand on the planet and everything nonDJI is junk.

@The Flyer take a moment to read over our Community Guidelines and please pay special attention to item #14

• 14. We take the "be nice" rule VERY seriously! We do not tolerate discourtesy or disrespect.

Last edited:

Help
If you have a rotor running with the drone powered off then you definitely do not have any type of DJI aircraft. If you know the actual brand of yours you will likely have more success looking searching that brand on Google for example. But if you want to provide us more info someone might be able to help. Many members here fly other brands as well.

Reactions: Gregg Kielma
I agree with BigAl. Before I purchased my first DJI drone - a P3S - I learned on a Syma X8G. It still flies even though I have crashed it numerous times.

Chris

Reactions: BillyN and BigAl07
Hi thanks for the replies I am able to work with electronics took the drone to bits found a circuit board with a component burnt out. i looked on line for new board but not found a replacement part or even my drone it's self so posted a link on your forum to where I bought it from
I am a keen Newbe pilot and first to flying
seems to have landed blocking a rota which burnt out the board just checking if this was common did not mean to cause upset on your forum

Reactions: BigAl07
You don't need to apologize. You didn't do anything wrong.

Sorry this happened to you, and if you can find the time to watch a few YouTube videos on what might be a good drone to buy, that would help you a lot. Also, good advice can still be found here if you'd like to ask again.

Good luck, and welcome to the forum.

Bud

Hi thanks for the replies I am able to work with electronics took the drone to bits found a circuit board with a component burnt out. i looked on line for new board but not found a replacement part or even my drone it's self so posted a link on your forum to where I bought it from
seems to have landed blocking a rota which burnt out the board just checking if this was common did not mean to cause upset on your forum

You've not done anything wrong. We are glad to have you on our forum and hope you'll find some helpful information here.

Reactions: dirkclod
I even sent a personal message to walking foot and made sure that they know that they have not posted any thing wrong But they have never replied yet !

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues