Brushless Gimbals on Ebay and such. Work? Comments???

Reaction score
I have been seeing this Gimbals for sale:
Example.

CNC FPV BGC 2 Axis Brushless Gimbal w/ Controller for GoPro 3 Camera DJI Phantom | eBay

There are more sources and examples, but the link above gives one such option.

Has anyone tried this? Comments? advice?

My PS3 Camera and Gimbal are not working at the moment. So wanted to try this. I don't need to control the camera. In fact I am going to use a GoPro Clone and just turn it on and let it run during the entire flight. I am thinking as long as the gimbal is powered up it will operate. Or is that "CONTROLLER BOARD" required?

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Bill

It will work. But probably not in the way you want. You will not have any video feed or be able to control
the gimbal itself. Those gimbals with the gopro were designed to use a standalone video transmitter.
Then you use the extra channels on you receiver/transmitter combo to control the gimbal itself.

From the research I have done you can use a 5.8 ghz video transmitter hooked to the mini hdmi out
from the gopro. Then have a receiver linked to that transmitter to receive the feed. Then hook all that to
either a pair of fpv goggles(Fatshark or similar) or a small screen to see the live feed.

Its kinda like stepping back 5 or so years vs. your phantom. Before the phantom 2 vision plus this is how
They got it done. I believe. I personally have never attempted. I would say if you can fix the phantom
that is the way to go. Because even if you did all what I just said you still wouldn't have a awesome app
to view all the telemetry or bat. voltage etc. Now that can be achieved but that in itself is a whole nother
chapter.

Also you will need batteries to power all this stuff. Prolly not worth all this trouble unless you are
abandoning your phantom and build from scratch. Just my 2 cents. Hope it helps and is correct.

Reactions: ArmyVet
It will work. But probably not in the way you want. You will not have any video feed or be able to control
the gimbal itself. Those gimbals with the gopro were designed to use a standalone video transmitter.
Then you use the extra channels on you receiver/transmitter combo to control the gimbal itself.

From the research I have done you can use a 5.8 ghz video transmitter hooked to the mini hdmi out
from the gopro. Then have a receiver linked to that transmitter to receive the feed. Then hook all that to
either a pair of fpv goggles(Fatshark or similar) or a small screen to see the live feed.

Its kinda like stepping back 5 or so years vs. your phantom. Before the phantom 2 vision plus this is how
They got it done. I believe. I personally have never attempted. I would say if you can fix the phantom
that is the way to go. Because even if you did all what I just said you still wouldn't have a awesome app
to view all the telemetry or bat. voltage etc. Now that can be achieved but that in itself is a whole nother
chapter.

Also you will need batteries to power all this stuff. Prolly not worth all this trouble unless you are
abandoning your phantom and build from scratch. Just my 2 cents. Hope it helps and is correct.

Thanks for all that info. I will have to try to digest that tomorrow.

I actually only care that the gimbal/camera stay level as the PS3 flies.
I don't care about FPV or Pan and Tilt. Just want a stable camera platform.
If that makes sense.

Thanks
Bill

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4