P4 Firmware Brought back from the dead? New V2 firmware.

Reaction score
If you haven’t seen it yet, there is a new release for the P4P V2 firmware and also a new aircraft.
Has anyone done the new firmware update yet? Not sure I want to be the first one on the train. Gotta be somebody out there with more _ _ _ _ _ than me. Help!

Have flown 3 programmed missions (Litchi, Hangar and Drone Deploy) and the update was not an issue.

None.

 Optimized flight controller parameters to improve flight experience.
 Optimized sensitivity of the shutter button of the remote controller to improve shooting experience.
 Optimized IQ and AWB parameters of camera to improve camera image quality.
 Fixed some issues.

Updated to current. Controller seemed to hang up at around 72% for a long time. Turned it off and checked to see what firmware it showed and was surprised to see current. Reconnected to assistant and refreshed and done.
Better? Yes.
Seems to fly smoother. Do I think all their work is done, no.
With the new ones coming out and some added sales, they will probably do a few more updates down the road.
If I yaw left and let go of the sticks, it does yaw slowly left sometimes, but I see that on other p’s that I fly. More stick time is on the list for today.
Wind was at 25 plus yesterday.

Reactions: skymonkey
If you haven’t seen it yet, there is a new release for the P4P V2 firmware and also a new aircraft.
Has anyone done the new firmware update yet? Not sure I want to be the first one on the train. Gotta be somebody out there with more _ _ _ _ _ than me. Help!
New to Phantoms. Think I'll go ahead and update my P4P v2 firmware soon. Are there instructions on how to do that someplace? Preferably goofproof as I'm the type of person who can't make Kool Aid without burning it.

The p4pv2 ic compatible with the sc. I just don’t remember if I used them when I had the sc. I’m just not a good Android person, so off it went.

New to Phantoms. Think I'll go ahead and update my P4P v2 firmware soon. Are there instructions on how to do that someplace? Preferably goofproof as I'm the type of person who can't make Kool Aid without burning it.
I updated through the assistant 2. Didn’t even look to see if I could have done through WiFi. Once on the new firmware, no going back. Doesn’t even show previous editions.

I updated through the assistant 2. Didn’t even look to see if I could have done through WiFi. Once on the new firmware, no going back. Doesn’t even show previous editions.

I updated mine through WiFi with the GL300K (built in monitor).
When updating my GL300L with iPad (secondary/slave) got a pop up telling me to disconnect data cable and plug back in, in order to complete download.
Totally agree with you in that it flies a lot smoother.

I did the update this morning and it did take awhile to update. I also flew it and it does seem smoother. I also noticed my settings had changed back to a default settings. I made minor adjustments and I like it very much.

It's a good idea to capture screenshots of the most important settings you have before you update, and put them your computer or device. Who can remember all those things?

Reactions: PhantomWetSuits
"Optimized sensitivity of the shutter button of the remote controller to improve shooting experience."

That's a good one. I've been pressing the shutter button to make an exposure for some time. It works fine. What kind of sensitivity are they taking about? Do I have to talk nice to it first so I don't hurt it's feelings?

"Optimized IQ and AWB parameters of camera to improve camera image quality."

That sounds nice, but only camera nerds like me will want to know what those parameter values are and what is better about the new ones.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic