P4 Firmware Brought back from the dead? New V2 firmware.

And when you find all that info, share please.
From what I remember. You weren't happy with the performance of your v2.0. Where these problems fixed with the update? I did the update via OTA on the first day, but been really busy to test fly it.

From what I remember. You weren't happy with the performance of your v2.0. Where these problems fixed with the update? I did the update via OTA on the first day, but been really busy to test fly it.
I have three. Yes the first one was disappointing. Still have all of them and some need new homes. The second one I found some time ago on Craigslist that had bounced off a canopy and broke the gimbal. Actually was a plus model. Camera was repaired and flys again. The repaired unit is the one that was picked as the sacrificial lamb to test the new firmware. Number three has always done well and no real complaints. Number three was a local buy from a young guy that was going to rule the world with his picture taking abilities but forgot to reimburse mom for the use of her credit card. With what I have seen so far, number one will be the next one on the computer for a transfusion.

Reactions: Ansia
I have three. Yes the first one was disappointing. Still have all of them and some need new homes. The second one I found some time ago on Craigslist that had bounced off a canopy and broke the gimbal. Actually was a plus model. Camera was repaired and flys again. The repaired unit is the one that was picked as the sacrificial lamb to test the new firmware. Number three has always done well and no real complaints. Number three was a local buy from a young guy that was going to rule the world with his picture taking abilities but forgot to reimburse mom for the use of her credit card. With what I have seen so far, number one will be the next one on the computer for a transfusion.

Curious about your gimbal repair.I sent my P4P to a repair shop for a broken camera bracket casting and a severed ribbon cable. They quoted me to replace the entire gimbal/camera assembly for about 40% of the cost of a completely new drone and controller. Not what I wanted to hear.

Number one V2 has had the miracle cure installed. These v2’s may well become my favorite(m200 on the way, so time will tell)flying camera for the near future. I’m certainly not the pixel peeper expert, but I do think the pics are better. Let me know if that’s a silly thought. Still have one left that I’m going to hold back on just in case DJI slipped one in on us.

Did the update few days ago, flied today. It works. But....yaw is a bit more sensitive, also you have to calibrate the remote after the update, its really nervous and I think deadband around center of the sticks is much smaller. Pretty sensitive on yaw. Braking seems the same. It does feel a bit more stable especially when descending. I cannot say much for the video, but the image quality seems improved a lot. DNG files are absolutely amazing. But after the imu and compass calibration it still does not hold the straight. Slight yaw still present, same as before :( 3 batteries down and this is my impression...

Did the update few days ago, flied today. It works. But....yaw is a bit more sensitive, also you have to calibrate the remote after the update, its really nervous and I think deadband around center of the sticks is much smaller. Pretty sensitive on yaw. Braking seems the same. It does feel a bit more stable especially when descending. I cannot say much for the video, but the image quality seems improved a lot. DNG files are absolutely amazing. But after the imu and compass calibration it still does not hold the straight. Slight yaw still present, same as before :( 3 batteries down and this is my impression...

You may be able to soften the yaw movement by adjusting the EXP settings. And can you say what about the still DNG images is better? That will be the reason I choose to update. Thanks.

Yes, I should recalibrate the remote and adjust it. But on previous firmware it was much more relaxed on default settings. It seems to me that images have better details, maybe a bit more dynamic range, did a shoot this morning, really bright sunshine, everything was there, the shadows the highlights. I had issues before, now they seem sharper and more detailed. Its hard to compare since I would need picture on same spot with old and new firmware. Video will be tested these days, dcinelike doesnt say much without color correction. I would rather have yaw fixed than better images honestly....and for all of you planing to update the fw, it takes a LOT of time, half an hour or so...

Last edited:
My FW update was easy. I fired the controller and Phantom up and a message came on the screen asking to update. One tap and the process started (wifi was already setup to the controller). Maybe 10-15 minutes here, your time will vary with your internet speed. Have not flown today, too windy.. Tomorrow....sure hope the images are better.

First flight with updated firmware this morning. If there are differences or improvements, they were not readily apparent or substantial enough to stand out. Flying was good, perhaps smoother by a bit. Low light images are still noisy in the darker areas, as always. Shutter button seemed unchanged. Oh, well....... Best thing was that all my controller menu settings remained as they were. So what was all the excitement about?

My impression was that they gained some ground with the update.
Sorry you didn’t get that same impression. Fly a bit more, possibly that may change your thoughts. I’ll cross my fingers.

My impression was that they gained some ground with the update.
Sorry you didn’t get that same impression. Fly a bit more, possibly that may change your thoughts. I’ll cross my fingers.

I hope you are right.

If you haven’t seen it yet, there is a new release for the P4P V2 firmware and also a new aircraft.
Has anyone done the new firmware update yet? Not sure I want to be the first one on the train. Gotta be somebody out there with more _ _ _ _ _ than me. Help!

i updated my P4P V2 with the latest firmware last week (don't have the actual version number) and everything went smoothly, drone flies well, no problems.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik