Brothers Turn Self In For Illegal Drone Flight

@dangerd,
Attached is the summary of coverage from AMA - they do cover vandalism, fire, theft of RC models but not crashes by the pilot. For that you would need to obtain DJI Care Refresh. I crashed my phantom 4 pro (which was not covered by CareRefresh), had DJI repair it and I received Care Refresh for 2 times crash plus I could it is extended another year. Cost for CareRefresh 150/ year up to two years. Cost for repair around 400 got completely refurbished aircraft and controller looks like new. DJI service was fantastic. Took two weeks they pay for all freight costs.
Attached is AMA Summary of coverage for 2019. Membership cost about $70 per year includes insurance coverage.
Hope this helps.

Attachments

• AMA 2019 InsuranceSummaryMembers_0.pdf
    170.8 KB · Views: 111
Reactions: Shoot4fun
Thank
@dangerd,
Attached is the summary of coverage from AMA - they do cover vandalism, fire, theft of RC models but not crashes by the pilot. For that you would need to obtain DJI Care Refresh. I crashed my phantom 4 pro (which was not covered by CareRefresh), had DJI repair it and I received Care Refresh for 2 times crash plus I could it is extended another year. Cost for CareRefresh 150/ year up to two years. Cost for repair around 400 got completely refurbished aircraft and controller looks like new. DJI service was fantastic. Took two weeks they pay for all freight costs.
Attached is AMA Summary of coverage for 2019. Membership cost about $70 per year includes insurance coverage.
Hope this helps.
you for the information, I am a commercial part 107 flyer though.
IDRA insurance covers commercial flight also. I rarely fly as recreational.

Reactions: Shoot4fun
@Kirby Johnson
I've gotten to the point I don't watch ANY news. I have 3 weather apps on my phone and a direct feed from NOAA. That's all I need. Social media? Had all of facebook I can stand. Drama, drama, and more drama. Never got the whole twitter thing. I'm now into antisocial media. And anti news. ?

Brad

@Jean Tessmer Maui Hawaii
Very nice! Thanks for that info! That is not totally unreasonable for hobbyist/ recreational. I checked with the company that insures our farms and the rep said she could add my drones under my farm policy as long as I stay recreational/agriculture only flying for my farms. As it is now, we pay about $24k a year for liability and other coverage for all the rented/owned farms, so I don't think another $14 a year will be noticed... ?

Brad
That’s the spirit. As long as the heat is turned up very slowly I mean the increases are small and don’t break the bank just give it to’em. It’s no big deal that you don’t need it. I mean it’s better to be safe than sorry. Right? Oh oops! I thought we were talking about taxes. I’m on the wrong forum I think? I thought this was imsickofpayingforeverything&everybody.com. My bad! Lol

This has got to be the most contradictory msg that you’ve ever gotten. Lol

Yeah when you mix two dumb kids, a drone and our BS media you can bet all of us law abiding pilots are going to pay big for this one.

SAD! Unfortunately for we "Legal Eagles", we are grouped in with those that "place Their Mission" over Respecting & Representing ALL "Drone Flyers", as Legal & Considerate Professionals (whether 'Newbies', 'non-licensed', Flyers that Fly by the Federal Laws & Drone Rules provided by DJI & All UAS Manufacturers,), Fly Like A Professional (considering All Safety & Courteous to All People in your area. One 'Inconsiderate, Potentially Dangerous, Gives ALL Drone Pilots a "Black Eye" & the media "present WORSE than is actually "True". But, the "Amped Up Report" gets the Reporter a "Better Exposure" in their media.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj