Drone Deploy Flight self aborted

Reaction score
I was flying a construction site on Sunday, +/- 15 minute flight. It started snowing and I didn't know if I should abort. I kept going watching the progress carefully and after a few more minutes the drone stopped, appeared to turn a couple circles and went into RTH mode. When the drone landed it was dry and I figured maybe it didn't like the wind. Then today (two days later) in clear conditions I attempted to map two different (smaller) sites with DD and each time it went out and after a pass or two RTH. After each of these I reflew the drone using DJO GO4 without any issues. Any ideas?

thanks

I have the flight log from drone deploy is that useful? Not sure how to download it from the drone.
I've been able to pull data from the AC but the files are pretty large, not sure how to transmit them?

I think I figured it out. Up until now I've been staying in my car while flying a dronedeploy route (it's cold & windy in Idaho right now) and haven't had any problems. So after three problems in a row, I kept the controller outside of the car on the lasts one and everything went as planned.

I have been using DroneDeploy for map creation for several years and have moved away from their flight app- mainly because of issues flying when offline.

I have done over 100 mapping flights with the PrecisionFlight app for flight control and the DD for the backend work. I also email the map flight plans to myself so I can use my phone as a backup. I can also forward the flight plan to someone else to fly when I’m out of town, so my clients get identical mapping missions of their sites.

Unfortunately, no. I usually construct the flight plans with my iPad while sitting in front of computer.

A tip when using DroneDeploy, if you aren’t using the DD app to fly the mission, is that you don’t need to define the actual flight area for your project. Any simple shape can be used.

Create a new project
Draw a very small shape in the area you are flying
Simulate the mission- if your shape is small it will take two seconds
(You HAVE to Simulate the flight to toggle the project from Fly to Upload)
Your project will now show that it has been flown and you can upload images
Upload the images you captured from your flight in the field
The images will show up as dots in DroneDeploy
Finally, resize your small shape to now include all of the uploaded images
Now you can process

This is a good way to make huge single maps that were shot with multiple flight plans. I created a 2200 image map this way. Make sure your different flight plans overlap a little for best seaming.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl