Brother AirScout

Reaction score
I'm curious if anyone can clarify whether using a unit such as the Brother AirScout satisfies the FAA's requirement for LOS when flying Part 107, allowing a pilot to fly without a VO on the job? The Brother marketing info seems to say that it satisfies line of sight but I'm curious what the real-world situation is...does it really? Or will the FAA actually say otherwise? Thanks in advance for your first-hand knowledge. Cheers!

The FAA says you must keep VLOS at all times without the help of any device.

Edit: I didn't know what it was. You are able to have VLOS with this device. To me, you are meeting the requirements. Now it goes down if you are able to process 2 different perspectives at the same time.

Last edited:
The FAA says you must keep VLOS at all times without the help of any device.

Edit: I didn't know what it was. You are able to have VLOS with this device. To me, you are meeting the requirements. Now it goes down if you are able to process 2 different perspectives at the same time.

True, like can a pilot watch aircraft and watch control screen at same time? sure one can. Question is does FAA or other international bodies agree?

True, like can a pilot watch aircraft and watch control screen at same time? sure one can. Question is does FAA or other international bodies agree?
Best way to clarify this, is contacting the FAA or your country's aviation entity.

Reactions: Loz
As long as you can have unaided vision of your aircraft at all times (and you can) it should definitely meet the FAA's requirements.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robvalduga