Broken U.fl Head

Reaction score
Pardon if this is the wrong forum for this.
I was wondering if it would be sufficient to conductive-glue the head back on this WiFi card? Soldering is currently not an option.
Are there better methods repairing this type of connector damage?

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated, thank you!

Attachments

• p.jpg
    p.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 265
Why not solder? Equipment? I've got an extra solder tool, flux, & a piece of electrical solder I'll give you.. for shipping? $4 or $5 & cover the rest for ya if any... USA?

Don't want to risk damaging the chip (possibly the solder solution increases current and could fry the chip?). Thought maybe con.-glue would be a nice middle ground.. maybe I'm just chickening out, this is why I ask. Of course I could also purchase an extra RP-SMA to U.FL, but can only find a 15cm within reasonable shipping time.

Try Dataaliance.com

WAIT! That’s not a single wire. It’s coax with 2 conductors. There is an insulated center conductor surrounded by braided copper shielding covered with an insulating jacket. It’s used to conduct RF signals without interference to or from external components. This stuff is tiny and virtually impossible to splice. Buy a new cable. Life will be good again.

Thanks for the heads up! Amazing, sometimes i wonder how they produce this stuff.. Has anyone here tried soldering such a cable, what was the result?

I did today, i've cut the connector because the male connector on the rx tx module was broken. I have no issue with the transmitter for now, added hot glue to prevent the cable from moving. Cable is tiny for sure but i even used my old soldering tip and was able to soldered it back in place, is it possible? Yes.

I did today, i've cut the connector because the male connector on the rx tx module was broken. I have no issue with the transmitter for now, added hot glue to prevent the cable from moving. Cable is tiny for sure but i even used my old soldering tip and was able to soldered it back in place, is it possible? Yes.

After testing the tx communication with the drone, only 1 antenna is working, the other there is no connection to the rx board.

In my early years, when I worked a lot with coaxial cable, I always crimped coaxial cable onto the connector. As I said, I'm not sure about this setup.

The problem with my phantom 2 receiver 2.4ghz board is that the male connector got stuck to the female connector. When I tried to disconnect them from each other, i pulled "from the side of the cable", and the male connector was ripped from the board. I was not able to remove the male part off the female part, therefore, i simply cut the cable and tried to solder it directly to the board. At first, I thought it was a success but later found out it was not receiving commands from the transmitter.

Attachments

• ufl.jpg
    ufl.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 235
  • 20190702_123511.jpg
    20190702_123511.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 204
  • 20190702_123604.jpg
    20190702_123604.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 200

Members online

Forum statistics