Broken S1 switch

Reaction score
Anyone know what size/config it is?
I'm thinking its a DPDT sub miniature on-off-on type. Anyone able to confirm it so I can order a replacement from the local electronics shop today (I'm at work so can't pull the TX apart).

lostkiwi said:
Anyone know what size/config it is?
I'm thinking its a DPDT sub miniature on-off-on type. Anyone able to confirm it so I can order a replacement from the local electronics shop today (I'm at work so can't pull the TX apart).

Yes you are 100% correct on the ID of the switch.

In my junk pile I found replacements for my S1 and S2 that have a locking toggle that you have to pull up on the toggle to move it to the next position.
It came from a aircraft control console.
Now no matter what the switch positions won't change unless I want them to. :D

Found them on line just in case you want them.
http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/NKK ... 1mS7RTQ%3d

Ok thanks will check them out .One question ,what type of problem are you having with switch ? Not working at all
Etc.?

a mini switch will work in place of a sub mini. But you will have to forgo the little cone shaped spacer nut that they use in the controller to make a sub mini fit in the hole in the transmitter. Which is actually sized to fit a regular mini switch if the spacer is not used.

Tho when My s2 and s1 switchs crapped the bed in just there first few days of use. I used some big old clunky 25 amp 3 position switches from the hardware store. That hardly even fit in the case and I had to drill my holes even bigger to take there larger diameter shaft size. But I don't ever have to worry about them failing just as fast as the POS crappy OEM ones did and they are so stiff its hard to ever accidentally bump them and ever cause them to go in to the wrong mode by mistake.

Switch changed and all good.

For future reference its a sub miniature SPDT switch On-Off-On.

While I was testing it was wired correctly I also enabled the gimbal and set the calibration. All sorted just need to wire the gimbal control now.

Curious why the switch (S1) is on-off-on when it has 3 functions?
Is the other switch (S2) also on-off-on?

Curious why the switch (S1) is on-off-on when it has 3 functions?
Is the other switch (S2) also on-off-on?

Yes both are and on-off-on type switchs.

On both switches the center wire sending power there the switchs center contact and on out there either of the on contacts sends a voltage single to the functions that are in the top or the bottom position of each switch. and when in the center position and not letting any power threw is the 3rd function on each switch. If the connection to the center wire on the switch breaks the controller will go in to HL mode on the S2 side or if the S1 side it will think its supposed to be in atti mode.

The one thing that is a bit funny is how on the S2 switch to turn off home lock or control lock the switch is actually turning on a connection to turn off them functions.

Thanks James, good detailed response.

I'm going to get s couple of Parts express mini switches and just replace the micro switches to be safe. They are probably the same quality, but it will give me some piece of mind I guess....

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl