Broken remote and trying to repair

Reaction score
Any help will be greatly appreciated . I dropped my phantom 3 pro remote a few days ago and there was a rattle inside, however the controller still was working. I wanted to see what was broken or rattling inside so I opened it up. Now I'm not getting any video output at all. I left the remote open in case I ran into a problem but I made sure everything had been reconnected. Does anyone have any suggestions of what I should check or look for

I'm checking the cable and it appears to be ok, however is the a tool I can use because it you move it the wrong way the ribbon snaps loose?

The ribbon cable snaps under the little tab. You lift the black tab, slide the cable in, then push it back down to lock it.

Reactions: DazzauksDad
The battery was still plugged in, but the ribbon did separate. I placed it back under the tabs and locked them. Powered it up and no video output, however the remote still power the motors and pan the camera

It could be, or the solder connections could have been pulled loose from the PC board.

hi what i had done was use a tiny piece of tape just under ribbon cable to make it fit tighter.it worked.also have new remote for sale just the shell mother board is removed.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tpren3