Broken antenna wires

Reaction score
I ended up breaking a few wires on my phantom 3 standard. I've tried to solder a wire but quickly figured out that this doesn't work. I've only been able to fly 100-150 ft away after soldering the wire before I lose video on my iPad.

If you look at the pictures attached, you can see the soldered wires that I will need to replace. I am not 100% sure what type of wires these are and what to replace them with. Does anyone know which types of wires these are and where I can purchase new ones?
IMG_0007.JPG
IMG_0009.JPG

Last edited:
Im not sure that you can solder coax cables. Since youre looking for longer range and you have the controller opened anyway, you might look into one of these:

ARGtek DJI Phantom 3 Standard WiFi Signal Range Extender Antenna Kit 10dBi Omni | eBay

I had a customer yesterday that tore his antenna leads loose from his P3 4k, I just installed one of these range extenders (the one for the P3 4k) which replaced his frayed wires, and he was good to go for $60.

Those are coaxial type cables. If the leads touch each other you might burn the transmitter out. I wouldn't power it on until you've replaced them.

Im not sure that you can solder coax cables. Since youre looking for longer range and you have the controller opened anyway, you might look into one of these:

ARGtek DJI Phantom 3 Standard WiFi Signal Range Extender Antenna Kit 10dBi Omni | eBay

I had a customer yesterday that tore his antenna leads loose from his P3 4k, I just installed one of these range extenders (the one for the P3 4k) which replaced his frayed wires, and he was good to go for $60.
I thought about doing that, would that same setup work for the phantom 3 standard?

Yes but be careful when you buy a range extender. Make sure that it is made for and specifically says Phantom 3 Standard. The ones for the P3 4k, P3a and P3P are different.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl