Bricked camera fix?

Hi all I have just bought a second hand 2 vision and when I try to calibrate it it won't therefore I can't fly it can anyone help plus I am new to this site???

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Hi all, great thread going here!

I myself have just come up against the "no FPV" problem on my P2V with the FC-200 camera (using a 3rd party 2-axis gimbal). I've literally tried everything and am now stuck. So, i've been following through some steps provided to try and establish the problem. So far, my findings are as follows:

1. I can see the "Phantom_XXXX" wifi network when booting the extender, though it may just be my impatience, but it seems to take a lot longer to show and/or connect to and sometimes disappears altogether and I have to reset and re-bind to get it to make a reliable connection within the app.
2. When scanning Wifi networks (I use Wifi-explorer on my Mac) it did once show the "Hidden" network, which had the MAC address that fit the pattern of DJI. Also, it showed a separate "Phantom_XXXX" wifi network, which I presume was the extender (and the hidden network was the camera?)
3. I now seem unable to view or see the hidden network that I presume was the camera (it did show once for a while but not since). The camera has the geen light at the back when powered up and on "Wifi ON". I've plugged it directly into the white cable to eliminate the gimbal cables playing a part in this.
4. The camera fan is whiring away when I power the Phantom (and therefore camera) and the camera body doesn't feel overly warm
5. I've been mucking about with this all day (7hrs!) and im very IT literate as I work with networks and understand why/how it should be doing what it's not. Problem is, my skills with Phantoms are limited to say the least. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app (DJI Vision on iPhone 6 - latest version), I've tried installing an older app (in fact several, back as far as 1.0.50) on an Android device... same issue. I've reset the extender and re-binded it several times (making a note of the MAC address manually). I've tried booting the devices in various orders... but alas, nothing seems to work.
6. All device batteries are fully charged and everything appears to be in order
7. The last time I used flew the drone successfully was Dec 2015, when it filmed a lot of footage flawlessly. It was then meticulously packed away in it's case (I have OCD, so im extremely fussy and protective, so it's unlikely it has had any damage) and it was updated (all recommended apps) yesterday when I got it out to have a play with. Since then, it's never had FPV functionality. Currently, latest versions of software installed on all elements (Phantom, controller, camera etc).
8. All telemetry is working in the app, and I can take photos and video by pressing the icons etc and they store just find on the card. It's just the live FPV which isn't working. Surely this means the Wifi is making contact with the camera, as I can activate it from the app? I can also tilt the cam.

Can anybody help me narrow down which part may be faulty, so i can ressurect what is an otherwise great machine. I understand im certainly not the first (and unlikely to be the last!) with this issue and the consensus seems to be that one of the boards has burnt out, though quite how that has happened, I've no idea, as it's been packaged away safely since its last successful flight/filming session.

Any help would be gratefully accepted.

TIA, Regards

Baz

Interestingly, I've just done another few tests to diagnose as much as I possible can. Whether this info is relevant/helpful or not, Im not sure, but to me, it shows the extender is definitely connecting to the camera. To access this information, I connected to the Phantom_XXXX wifi network with my MAC and went to: 192.168.1.2 which brings up the interface for the Phantom extender (looks like a busybox system) and logged in as "root" with the password: 19881209. This allows you to access the interfaces, which shows that my iPhone and Mac are connected to the extender network and that also the Phantom camera appears to be connected too (client).

So, technically, it looks like the connection is being made and traffic is definitely being passed over (see screenshots). Question is, just because data is coming over, doesn't mean it's video data... so that may just be passing the telemetry data. However, my thoughts would be if the wifi board was fried, then this data wouldn't be coming across at all, and it wouldn't even be making the Wifi connection in the first place to the camera.

The plot thickens!!

App on iPhone is still triggering the camera to take a photo and/or a video (which implies there is some form of communication), but still just a spinning wheel where the live video (FPV) should be. Frustrating!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-06-02 at 10.35.28 pm.jpg
    Screen Shot 2017-06-02 at 10.35.28 pm.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 428
  • Screen Shot 2017-06-02 at 10.35.49 pm.jpg
    Screen Shot 2017-06-02 at 10.35.49 pm.jpg
    303.8 KB · Views: 436
  • Screen Shot 2017-06-02 at 10.51.28 pm.jpg
    Screen Shot 2017-06-02 at 10.51.28 pm.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 454
Reactions: AndrewCCM
I've found myself in a similar situation.. last flew my P2V around Christmas and everything was fine. Packed it away for the crappy winter months and recently pulled it back out. Charged everything up as usual, went to fly.... and no video. Seems odd that there is such a trend with failures on birds that have been sitting for a while! I also recently picked up a Mavic and was fully intending on selling the Phantom and using those funds for Mavic accessories, but without FPV video the value of the Phantom is in the crapper now. My camera FW is 1.1.9, shows green LED and takes pics/video just fine while flying, just no FPV video. I've also tried pinging the various IP addresses and have found that 192.168.1.10 is the only one that doesn't respond. From what I've read I believe this will be a board 3 issue then? So frustrating!

Reactions: AndrewCCM
From what i know the board doesnt just fail on its own, something else causes it, but no one admits to running the update that was one of the reasons for board failure.
Ive had my P2V for 3 years and never had any issues with it, guess im just lucky, or maybe its because i dont use the DJI app at all.

Same thing happened to me last sunday. In september I already replaced my egg camera for a new one. Worked fine. Did not use it until last sunday. No FPV. Could it be that my Android app was updated again to a faulty one. Why is there a folder DJI_RangeExtender with a sysupgrade.bin file? I will not buy a new camera again. If there is no fix this will be my last DJI product.

Interestingly, I've just done another few tests to diagnose as much as I possible can. Whether this info is relevant/helpful or not, Im not sure, but to me, it shows the extender is definitely connecting to the camera. To access this information, I connected to the Phantom_XXXX wifi network with my MAC and went to: 192.168.1.2 which brings up the interface for the Phantom extender (looks like a busybox system) and logged in as "root" with the password: 19881209. This allows you to access the interfaces, which shows that my iPhone and Mac are connected to the extender network and that also the Phantom camera appears to be connected too (client).

So, technically, it looks like the connection is being made and traffic is definitely being passed over (see screenshots). Question is, just because data is coming over, doesn't mean it's video data... so that may just be passing the telemetry data. However, my thoughts would be if the wifi board was fried, then this data wouldn't be coming across at all, and it wouldn't even be making the Wifi connection in the first place to the camera.

The plot thickens!!

App on iPhone is still triggering the camera to take a photo and/or a video (which implies there is some form of communication), but still just a spinning wheel where the live video (FPV) should be. Frustrating!

Having the same issue on a P2V that I just received for my son (used). I was thinking the EXACT same thing...Why would other WiFi functions on the camera work, just not the video feed? I sure hope it’s not that dreaded “board 3 WiFi” issue I am reading all over about. If that’s the case, I’ll just mount a 5.8ghz FPV cam on the thing so he’s not flying blind. LOL

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31