Bricked camera fix?

If you can, download ( InSSIDer app ) it is paid, like 10 bucks, but you'll want it, for diagnostics. This will track wifi ( hidden wifi ). Plus if you need to get a replacement camera, you will need it then as well.

But first.

Do you have the vision app installed on your device?
Do that first.

1) make sure white camera wire is FULLY inserted,
2) camera is set to WIFI ON ( switch all the way right )

Ok, now turn on extender, Tx, and bird ( PROPS OFF ), tell me what camera is doing ( lights ) on rear by Sd card slot.

Ok while we have it on , open app, choose ( settings ) then BINDING, Write down Mac addy ( don't change yet. ) this along with InSSIDer app will tell us if we have the right address set.

For the InSSIDer app,
I made a video, I'd be happy to share with you, early video low quality sorry, but you will understand what is going on better.

Ok,
After watching video, and performing rebinding with correct MAC address stated in InSSIDer app.

What is happening?
Let me know
J Dot
:cool:

Reactions: dirkclod
The light on the back is green.

Which vision app? The only one I can find on the store just wants me to register for something, no way to access the drone at all.

OK. There's no "phantom" network I can connect to when I fire up the drone. Am I missing a step here?

The binding option in this app just errors out because I'm not connected.

Ok

InSSIDer app time
( only on android )

Turn on phantom ONLY, OPEN APP, look for 60:60:1f:??:??:??
The question marks are your unique code

Get the Mac addy and let me know

J Dot

Turn off and on, and try again
If still no , than your wifi board is bad ( I have several ).
Let me know?
( 2.4ghz signal ) if you want to narrow it down.

J Dot

Once, on one repetition of this, I saw a "Phantom_xxxx" network for a second but it disappeared before I could click on it. Repeated attempts did not cause this network to appear again.

Might be a bad board, or a bad connection

Put camera in fridge for a couple minutes to cool it down, then try again.

Also is the fan on top running?

( NOTE: NEVER, EVER, unplug or plug anything in with phantom on. Rule of thumb! Always turn off, then tinker, then turn on. This will insure you never have a circuit burnout! )

J Dot

Camera in fridge now, but as a preliminary data point, it was unplugged and off the drone for an hour while I went and flew it, and when I powered everything back up didn't see a network even for a second.

I heard a fan, on and off, throughout testing earlier.

Gave it about ten minutes in the fridge, still unable to see any wifi networks. (I'm using a different app that shows ssids with mac addresses, btw, but I don't know why it wouldn't work and I already had it paid for)

Here is a video of everything the camera does when I power the drone up:

There is a fan, and there's another noise I'm not familiar with, kind of a buzzing? If the camera is mounted to the drone it does attempt to keep its orientation if the drone is rotated along the axis it has.

Ok,
If there is no signal being sent, then bottom board, wifi board is bad. But first, have you tried, switching switch off, then back on ( camera switch ) a couple times, and try powering again?
Might be a faulty switch? ( but I doubt it ) most likely bad wifi board. I got you covered good buddy!
But that final test will tell us.
J Dot

Ps,
I can make you a video of camera disassembly, and board replaement, can be a bit tough if you don't know what you are doing,

Tried that, no network visible.

Does this mean it's only that board? I assume if he fried that one he wouldn't have been able to fry the others? (hoping!)

Yes usually only one board fries, never seen board 2 fail before, but plenty of 1/3&4. I have all the boards except 3, and all work.

If you pm me your address ( in a conversation ) I'll send out Tuesday, and I'll work on putting together a video for you.

J Dot

Minor update:

I just realized there's a manual capture button on the camera - after it's too dark to fly, of course - but I was able to get it to shoot some video! That means the camera's definitely fine, right?

Ok not to highjack.... If the previous owner did the firmware for the extender, blank screenand no telemetry. Replace board 3?

Hello I have a Phantom 2 Vision with no live video problem after update Telemetry, photos and videos ok. I have burn plate 3?. Someone can help me fix the problem. New camera is worth more than the complete Drone. a greeting

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl