BREAKING!!! U.S. Will Require Drones to Be Registered

One big exception however is there is no "Drone" amendment !
Good point!!! But the second amendment in terms of firearms barely exist since a lot of states have so many silly laws on firearms that it is to laugh at. I live in Maryland and it is hilarious the fact that if you want to buy a ar-15 it must have a heavy barrel on it lol, like it makes a difference

Good point!!! But the second amendment in terms of firearms barely exist since a lot of states have so many silly laws on firearms that it is to laugh at. I live in Maryland and it is hilarious the fact that if you want to buy a ar-15 it must have a heavy barrel on it lol, like it makes a difference

Can you imagine what you wouldn't have if there was no 2nd ?

Can you imagine what you wouldn't have if there was no 2nd ?
Ohhhhhh yes indeed!!! I'm afraid it could come to that..... I know I can't speak for everyone, but myself personally I have not liked the direction that the government has taken. I am a military veteran and Iraq veteran and to be honest I sometimes wonder if it was worth defending some of these idiots in government. Don't bash me for saying this but it seems to me the United States has taken a turn for the worst

It's turning into something like the gun control debate. You have people who are trying to pass laws on a subject that they have no clue about. Drones are becoming the "evil black rifle" of the hobby industry and the ones who are obeying the law are going to be the ones paying the price and there will always be some fool that flys a drone where it shouldn't be. It's just like gun control "blame the gun" not the hand that pulls the trigger, in this case is "blame the drone" not the operator
Hi K,
yup! you forgot to say "assault weapon" instead of "rifle" (which is actually what it is, there's no classification of "assault", that was made up by the media) Now watch, we'll see the media start using "assault drone" ....

Reactions: kminton327
Hi K,
yup! you forgot to say "assault weapon" instead of "rifle" (which is actually what it is, there's no classification of "assault", that was made up by the media) Now watch, we'll see the media start using "assault drone" ....
Hahahah I forgot to mention the media and news!!!!! This is were people go to get information that they have no idea about and it's being broadcast to them by people that have no idea what they are talking about other than the fact that they are misinforming the public and the public is eating every spoon full of it!!! Another great point Brad pierce!!! Keep it coming fellas!!!!

We would have a dictatorship

DEFINITION : Dictatorship is a form of government where political authority is monopolized by a person or political entity, and exercised through various mechanisms to ensure the entity's power remains strong......

Think again : !

Reactions: GoodnNuff
OK, reign it in people.
Back on topic please. ;)

offtopic.gif

Doesn't matter, the point is the same. The 'regulation' and restriction does nothing to prevent an accident or stop a crime. It's only a means to control the law abiding citizen and charge them money to do it.

If you are a law abiding citizen, then why would you feel "controlled"?

In August, 1951, Congress passed 31 USC §9701 - "Fees and charges for Government services and things of value" that gave agencies the permission to charge cost-based fees. The alternative is higher taxes, but, personally I would rather pay higher taxes than a hodgepodge of fees.

I would not be surprised to see the fees challenged in court, and I am pretty confident that the registration rule will be challenged in court on the grounds that there is no demonstrated emergency and no risk-based evidence to justify an emergency SFRA. The challenge to the fees could come from 31 USC §9701(B) "..the value of the service or thing to the recipient;" because there is no value to the UAS owner to register their aircraft.

Not a
chance justin,dji is not going sacrifice there buisness to do that,sells would drop drasticly.
From what i heard from a friend thats works for the FAA,only aircraft with cameras and fly beyond the faa guide lines will be required to register,i will wait and see.
P.S. remember the cb thing,as someone has allready pointed out

So I'm not sure if this was posted before, and frankly this post is getting way too long to check... I had to find an address to send my revised registration to (yea, I'm registering, so sue me...). I saw this "addendum" on their website, and not sure how long it's been there:

Registration is not required for model aircraft operated solely for hobby or recreational purposes. Guidelines for responsible hobby and recreational operations are available at http://www.faa.gov/uas/model_aircraft/.

Registration is required for all unmanned aircraft (UA) operated for non-hobby or non-recreational purposes.

Registration is also required for Government UA. All Aircraft owned by agencies, offices or subdivisions of: the United States (other than aircraft of the U.S. Armed Forces), the States, the District of Columbia, or a territory or possession of the United States are required to be registered.

So I'm not sure if this is any different from what we already know/knew, so sorry if it's been said before...

From what i heard from a friend thats works for the FAA,only aircraft with cameras and fly beyond the faa guide lines will be required to register,i will wait and see.
Oh, right. If I promise to only fly within the FAA guidelines, I won't have to register?? LOL!

The cutoff for toys will likely be below the Phantom threshold. Expect to see registration required for any model aircraft with a gross takeoff weight of one pound or more. Any model aircraft.

So I'm not sure if this was posted before, and frankly this post is getting way too long to check... I had to find an address to send my revised registration to (yea, I'm registering, so sue me...). I saw this "addendum" on their website, and not sure how long it's been there:

Registration is not required for model aircraft operated solely for hobby or recreational purposes. Guidelines for responsible hobby and recreational operations are available at Model Aircraft Operations.

So I'm not sure if this is any different from what we already know/knew, so sorry if it's been said before...

Look at the bottom of the page:
Page last modified: March 04, 2015 1:17:40 PM EST

I just did, and saw this:

Page last modified: August 21, 2015 9:45:12 AM EDT

Still not October, but newer than March...
The FAA isn't going to publish rules before they are finalized.

This wasn't meant to be rules... All I wanted to do was show what was posted there, and thinking/asking if it was new info. Nothing more, nothing less.... I took it from the FAA WEBSITE!

Does anyone else care to comment? New info, old info, BS...??

This wasn't meant to be rules... All I wanted to do was show what was posted there, and thinking/asking if it was new info. Nothing more, nothing less.... I took it from the FAA WEBSITE!

Does anyone else care to comment? New info, old info, BS...??
What is posted is accurate now.

If you are a law abiding citizen, then why would you feel "controlled"?

"If you have nothing to hide, surely we can search you without probably cause." Same tired argument. If you enjoy the gov't all up in your business, then enjoy it. I don't and they have no reason to be.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jorge sanchez