brand new vision 2 cant get into compass calibration ?

Reaction score
Hi All :
i just recieved my brand new phantm vision 2 and went to set it up as per the instructions for the first flight , although this in not my first phantom i had a v1.
after checking the software it was shipped with all the latest updates except the transmitter , updated that , now all is good ,,
we finally got a day today on the east coast that it wasn't snowing or -20 so i drove to a flying site to do the compass calibration and no matter how many times i switch s1 up & down i cant enter the calibration mode .i have green flashing lights and no error lights so am i good to go ???
apon returning home i hooked it up to the Assistant and the values , x, y ,z & mo appear to be in the normal range from what i have read . i tried to re bind the transmitter & phantom , checked the imu , and still it wont go into the mode
when connected i have 6+ satellites, all functions work , although i didnt power it up and take a flight as i didnt want a fly away
anyone got any ideas ??????
appreciate the feed back & help

Jeffn0506

;

Are you sure it didn't enter calibration mode without you noticing, then go out of calibration mode?

What I mean is,

I think if it enters calibration mode (solid yellow light) and you don't do anything, it won't stay there forever. After a little while (maybe 30 seconds or something) it'll leave calibration mode and go back to blinking lights. Any chance that this happened?

Just an idea. I can't think of any other reason it wouldn't enter calibration mode with you moving the S1 switch as instructed, but I'm not nearly as experienced as a lot of people in this forum.

Good luck!
-Jeff.

jeff
hi
like your name !
thanks for the reply , with 20 + years flying choppers i have just got into the "drones" & its like starting from scratch
yes im sure it just didn't go by the starting point . i froze my hands to the bone trying it several times . finally gave up & came home not a happy camper.. been on the internet all night trying to find an answer & cant . although everything ( all the lights ) & assistant appear too be ok i & where they should be im afraid to power it up into a hover > read about so many flyaways .
Jeff

Strange.
I would first reconnect to the software then detach the compass connection and see what reactions the software show.
From there you can get and idea if you have a bad connection or cable.

I am happy to report that the calibration problem has been solved
Thank you all for your help
Jeffn0506

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94