Brand new Spark, 1st time opening App & :(

Reaction score
Hey,

After having HUGE issues d/loading DJI GO 4, I was pointed to an apk site where I d/loaded it = woohoo!

But then the very first time I tried to open the app, I receive an error message "Failed to get resource file. Please check your network connection and retry."

I have 4g with awesome internet aswell as being hooked into the Cable Wifi here @ home. It's not a network issue. Tried turning off Wifi, still no go....

24hrs after buying the Drone, I still haven't turned it on.... Bloody expensive paper weight!

Hey,

After having HUGE issues d/loading DJI GO 4, I was pointed to an apk site where I d/loaded it = woohoo!

But then the very first time I tried to open the app, I receive an error message "Failed to get resource file. Please check your network connection and retry."

I have 4g with awesome internet aswell as being hooked into the Cable Wifi here @ home. It's not a network issue. Tried turning off Wifi, still no go....

24hrs after buying the Drone, I still haven't turned it on.... Bloody expensive paper weight!

Bit more information would help us help you? What device are you using? What operation system is it using?

Ahhh, yes - sorry.

Samsung S7, I've cleared Play Store Cache, no difference. Updated Play Store & Samsung Operating System (now running Android Version 7), no difference.

At the moment I have a very expensive & fancy looking Paper Weight & look forward to being able to use it..... Is there an app for Australia (maybe the American general App doesn't work here)....

Thanks,
Dave Bailey

Ahhh, yes - sorry.

Samsung S7, I've cleared Play Store Cache, no difference. Updated Play Store & Samsung Operating System (now running Android Version 7), no difference.

At the moment I have a very expensive & fancy looking Paper Weight & look forward to being able to use it..... Is there an app for Australia (maybe the American general App doesn't work here)....

Thanks,
Dave Bailey
Well, that's an approved product; I don't see that a regionalised version would make s difference. Can I suggest you get hold of an iPhone / iPad and try that; at least you'll know that it's not a paperweight?

Last edited:
why have you sideloaded the app ?

Downloaded the APK thingy because initially - I received an error message saying my Samsung S7 was incompatible with DJI GO 4.... Tried the latest app (4.1.18), not compatible, tried back 1 version (4.1.15), not compatible, tried series 3 - YAY!!! the app d/loaded. But then ................................ same error "Failed to get resource file. Please check your network connection and retry."

What version of android OS does your S7 run ?

Hey Bob, I tried to d/load the app & it didn't work (as above) - so I upgraded the S7 to the latest (version 7) & same same....

Hey Bob, I tried to d/load the app & it didn't work (as above) - so I upgraded the S7 to the latest (version 7) & same same....
I`ve sent you a old Version that is safe and working on a device I run, so that should get you started.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl