Brand new pilot here...

Reaction score
I found a very reasonable used Phantom 3 4k with 3 batts. I have a few questions that I hope someone can help.
1. When will I loose visual feed on my screen? Or does it really transmit as far as the drone can go?
2. The drone apparently has only had 1 flight. I have done my research and the guy is pretty trustworthy do I believe him. Anything i should check for right away?
3. Is the DJI Go app best? I saw another app (litchi) that adds extra features that apparently the Phantom 4 has.
4. Thanks!

1) You will loose the visual image when that data can no longer reach from the drone to the controller. It's like any other electronic signal, such as your cell phone, radio or TV.

Visual feed is different then the control signal to the Phantom. Much more data in the usually feed so you will usually see issues with the display before you lose a flight connection to the Phantom. If you lose the flight connection, the Phantom should wait a few seconds and then fly back to the take off point.

2) Buying used is always a risk. Price accordingly. I think the best way to check the drone is to make a flight with each battery, have the flights uploaded to airdata.com and review the data. Lacking that, fly the drone with each battery and test out the flight and camera.

3) To each their own. The DJI Go app does about 99% of most apps on the market right now. Litchi is still a very good app but you can do just fine with the Go app.

1. When will I loose visual feed on my screen? Or does it really transmit as far as the drone can go?
2. The drone apparently has only had 1 flight. I have done my research and the guy is pretty trustworthy do I believe him. Anything i should check for right away?
3. Is the DJI Go app best? I saw another app (litchi) that adds extra features that apparently the Phantom 4 has.
1. Lots of variables here. Range and liveview will depend on your local environment.
The published specs are realistic for a good interference-free area and you should have liveview about as long as you have signal
2. Get him to give you a demonstration flight to see that everything works well.
3. Yes. Don't even think of other apps until you fully understand the operation of the Phantom.
The DJI Go app is a very good program and is everything most flyers want to do most of the time.
Once you are familiar with using the Phantom, then you could try a 3rd party app if you need/want the extra features.

Thanks for the info/input guys. The one feature I liked about the Litchi app was follow mode. You could select an object on the screen and the drone will follow it. Would like to use that for my son's soccer games. Unless I strap the contoler to his back o_O

One flight and three batteries? I would say that's unusual.

If you wanted to tell us what price you were considering on this used P3 4K, you might get some good input re value vs other DJI ACs. There are a lot of super-experienced people on this site.

1. It will let u know when u know when u reach your distance also make sure you have enough battery life to make it back my Settings I said to 30 % 2. Did it come with batteries if so you can check how many times it was charged in this way you can find out how many times he flew it there’s another way check your logs. 3. I haven’t had any problems with the DJI go app works fine for me

Pretty early on, you'll become disappointed with the distance. I got the Itelite DBS range extender for my P3 4k and I'm much happier. Triple or quadruple your distance. I get about a mile, but could get a lot more with the right situation and good vantage point. As I fly farther, I increase altitude to maintain the connection.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlr11164