Brand new P3P should I fit strong arm plates now?

Reaction score
Hi All

Being new and having read some of the threads I just wanted to ask as I've had my P3P for a week now and seeing what has been mentioned about the stress fractures on the forums, it is better to take proactive action and fit arm reinforcements now rather than to wait until an issue appears?

Thanks

Hi All

Being new and having read some of the threads I just wanted to ask as I've had my P3P for a week now and seeing what has been mentioned about the stress fractures on the forums, it is better to take proactive action and fit arm reinforcements now rather than to wait until an issue appears?

Thanks
Why? It's very unlikely you'll have a problem.

Yes for mental satisfaction.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I upgraded to the strong arms and still got cracks anyway. It's the shell or how tight the screws are installed. One trip to DJi and a few days later it came back. So far it's working great and crack free. I'm lucky because the shell shows signs of me adding strong arms so they could of denied my warranty but got it back free of charge.

Buck,

I put them on both of my P3P's more for the reason that alokbhargava mentioned. I've had my birds for quite some time and fly often. I have not experienced any cracking. It may be as simple as the fact that I removed all of the screws to install the strongarms and was very careful about not over-torquing the new screws. For me, peace of mind and no cracks so far.

Jerry

Why? It's very unlikely you'll have a problem.
I have about 2 hours flight time on mine and developed a crack,im still not putting the mounts on when i get it back,i have faith the new shell will be fine when i get it back.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20