Brand new battery won't charge

Reaction score
The battery supplied with my new P4P seems to be faulty. When on charger number 1 LED flashes 16 times then battery turns off...pause 8 seconds then repeat, LED flashing etc.. here is a video link showing problem.
https: drive.google.com/open?id=1JQ0zgLsonOZQIkfPy32ZAEYWQSo1xO75
Any help would be appreciated as the manual makes no mention of this diagnostic.

Have you checked to see if there is a firmware update for it , clutching at straws, but thought I would ask.

Thanks Bob, was thinking the same but when I put the battery in the AC and turn it on, it shuts itself down so I can't see how to check. I've approached the vendor for a replacement or fix.

Can you connect the bird and battery to DJI Assistant via a PC, and try it that way ?

I would suggest to connect the battery to charger, turn it on and leave it for an hour or so.

Reactions: Technical Bob
Yes, bad batteries are common with p4 and P4P craft. It's seems to be a bigger problem with p4 craft than p3 when those came out 3 years ago. It's clearly a lack of product testing before boxing. It's the same as many issues with the craft itself, just a lack of outgoing inspection. DJI could make a lot more money if they would improve their outgoing inspection process, mitigating their high return rate. This is why it's so important to buy your DJI drone from a vendor with a 30 day exchange policy, so you can take a bad craft back and hopefully get a good one. Once you get a good P4P they're awesome.

Last edited:
Similar to nkbigdog, bought a p4p with extra battery combo, one had exact behavior OP describes, contacted DJI and turn around time was pretty quick and hassle free at no cost. I think they send them overly discharged at times and kill them.

It’s faulty. Same thing with the one that shipped with my new P4P in Dec. DOA. Had to send it back for replacement.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl