Bracketing - all images identical?

Reaction score
Hi learned forum inhabitants...

OK so wanted to try taking bracketed photos instead of using HDR out-of-the-box. Set it up for 7-shot bracketing...sent it up in the sky for a nice sunset shot...pressed the 'take picture' button on the app...and got home to find 7 identical images (I checked bot the 7 JPGs and the 7 DNGs - all identical). Just in case it was my retinas that had failed rather than the Phantom, I loaded them into an HDR application and sure enough it detected them all as having the same exposure.

Have I missed something? Why didn't my Phantom change the exposure for each shot?

What app are you running to fly and take the shots? I use "Ultimate Flight" for a 3 shot HDR. Can only set it for 3 different exposure steps. I had originally set it for multiple (5) shots, but didn't specify the HDR mode and wound up with 5 same exposures. I fly a P2V+.

Last edited:
What app are you running to fly and take the shots? I use "Ultimate Flight" for a 3 shot HDR. Can only set it for 3 different exposure steps. I had originally set it for multiple (5) shots, but didn't specify the HDR mode and wound up with 5 same exposures. I fly a P2V+.
I have a P3 and am using the DJI app.

Sounds like you were simply snapping off groups of 7 shots.
The AEB setting is another setting lower down below the shutter button on the app.
It allows you to select a bracket of 3 or 5 shots.
It will give you shots like this
i-ZNnKmgV-L.jpg

If you can't shoot in raw it's a waste of time.

Yes, I made the same mistake. It's the box lower with the horizontal lines through it.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk Pro

If you can't shoot in raw it's a waste of time.
1. You can shoot raw, so that post is a waste of time
2. The compression on the jpg files isn't too bad and for many purposes .jpg is just fine.
3. For some shooting the delay when shooting raw is too much

1. You can shoot raw, so that post is a waste of time
2. The compression on the jpg files isn't too bad and for many purposes .jpg is just fine.
3. For some shooting the delay when shooting raw is too much

Guess your right for amateurs as they don't know difference anyways.:rolleyes:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj