Bought a 'new' GL658B and after update status light is white

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I bought a new remote for my Phantom 4 as the old one had charging issues and after multiple tries I couldn't fix them by myself. I found this 'new' GL658B remote for Inspire 1 from Facebook marketplace. It should be compatible for P4 and after a while I actually did get it to connect to my AC.

However, first thing after getting the remote to work I tried updating it. I waited the bar on the app to go for full 100% and then restarted the remote. Here's where the problem starts; The remote wont connect to my Android phone anymore and the status indicator on the remote is solid white (There isn't an explanation for this in the user manual?). The remote won't even do the sounds it usually does when turning it on.

I've tried to reset the remote with the C1-C2-Shutter-Scroll wheel combination but without any luck. I've also tried to do something with USB-drive, but couldn't get any .txt -file to show up. Every thread that I've read online only suggests to send the remote to DJI for a fix, but it's not an option for me. DJI doesn't have any services in my country and it would cost a lot to send this remote abroad.

Thank you for your help.

Try the c1-c2 and just the shutter button. Leave out the wheel.
The GL658C works for me. I think the c model may have a bit more power than the b model if I remember right.

Nothing happens if I try to press c1-c2-shutter. Tried turning it on and off at different times with and without holding those buttons.
There is no response at all no matter what I try to do.

I might even try to contact DJI but not sure what they could do unless they'll take this remote for a fix for free. I could almost buy an another remote with the cost of shipping...

Here are some suggestions:

Try C1-C2-ShutterButton-ISO wheel (while holding ALL of these power the TX down and back ON again).

If that doesn't work try connecting your Tx to a different device (since you used Android borrow and try an iPhone). This has enabled many to re-do a botched FW upgrade on their TX over the last couple years if the C1-C2-ShutterButton-ISO wheel Power Cycle does not work.

Buttons didn't do anything, but different device worked for me! :)

I used an old Android tablet and it recognized the controller as Phantom 3(?!?). it said I already had the latest firmware but still allowed to reinstall it. After that I plugged in my phone and 'poof!' everything was working fine.

Thank you for the advice and greetings from Finland!

Reactions: BigAl07
Buttons didn't do anything, but different device worked for me! :)

I used an old Android tablet and it recognized the controller as Phantom 3(?!?). it said I already had the latest firmware but still allowed to reinstall it. After that I plugged in my phone and 'poof!' everything was working fine.

Thank you for the advice and greetings from Finland!

Outstanding! Glad it worked for you.

Thanks for reporting back as others might learn from your success.

Allen

Reactions: Oso

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav