Boosted Argtek on 5.8 and 2.4

Reaction score
OK ... I had 4525m on Argtek and twin Windsurfers taped to the centre Omni antenna, but WiFi was getting to limits ... (note that all tests are over flat land ... no hills / mountains or elevation to help !)

So I decided to test rig my 2W 2.4Ghz two way booster powered via 5V BEC and with Omni Antenna supplied with booster.
The other being a 2W 5.8Ghz booster and for this I attached the Argtek Omni Antenna and direct 6.6V from a 2S LiFe battery velcro'd to front of controller.

I removed the Windsurfers and first run gave me 4535m. Second run gave me 3000m. I had changed a couple of connectors etc. before sec ond run ... so need to check those.

But the main item of interest was the WiFi signal ...

We will never get consistent max range ... weather and so many other factors influence this - but to get 3000m and strong is good enough for me and the installation is not too bad. The photo shows it in its test set-up and needs tidying. As posted before - I intended to modify a Tx tray to carry the gear ... but having setup direc t on the controller now ... it just needs cosmetic work.

I wont be pushing further as I ma getting back home with low battery warning shortly after getting back ... I watch the Home Point on the battery line and it gets close to battery condition point when out there ...

Videos to come ... with photos.

Nigel

I modified one of those holders from Rexuav to fit the P3S controller. It works pretty well. Keeps things clean and makes attaching/ detaching to the controller easy.

61b46294d2be83a2eecd572c64b1a178.jpg
af7475054a92d0987e0b5073dd823db8.jpg

Now that's a slick setup 805,,had a major snow storm last night but I'd love to get out and fly today,,

Reactions: 805hd
Here's the test rig ... untidy but just to test before cleaning up etc.

Nigel

Reactions: 805hd

There you go ...

Nigel

Reactions: ranajee82 and 805hd
Friend of mine has his summer house across the river from me - so I sent the P3S out to find it ...

About 2000m from me ... only thing was lag on the video started to be slow and I ended up as you see with yaw problems ... not being able to stop at direction I wanted due to video lag. I think I may fit second 2.4 booster to see if I can cure it ...

Nigel

I modified one of those holders from Rexuav to fit the P3S controller. It works pretty well. Keeps things clean and makes attaching/ detaching to the controller easy.

61b46294d2be83a2eecd572c64b1a178.jpg
af7475054a92d0987e0b5073dd823db8.jpg
Hello could you put a photo with the batteries included in your setup

[QUOTEHello could you put a photo with the batteries included in your setup[/QUOTE]

Sure but I'm not going to be home for awhile. Go on rexuav's website I bought my battery and all needed cables from them!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik