BMS Battery Bypass

Reaction score
Is it possible to bypass the battery BMS and wire 14v into the p4 side power board the battery plugs into to test functionality of the system? The only battery I currently have on hand is correctly charged but was in freshwater so will light up but not power on and I can’t find a way to reset it. I would think tapping into to ESC wiring behind the misrule where the battery plugs in would be ideal since that location is seeing full voltage but I’m just wondering if anyone knows if you can even power a P4 with a direct voltage connection without there being other things that won’t work (I know it will have to be opened up, that not a concern).
I really want to test the esc(s).
Thanks

I didn't bypass it. I used it plus a power source for my P3, because i had no other battery. I thought my P3 was fried because in was in water for 3 days. P3 was fine, so I got another battery for it. That was 3 years ago and I can't remember the details. It was through a little experimentation and alligator clips.

That’s essentially what I want to do. Actually exactly. It’s to test it but but I think/don’t know if possible with a p4. Applying voltage at the esc turns it on but I don’t think correctly since I can unplug the esc and get esc errors etc do I wonder if there is something required from the BMS (either some i2c or serial handshake or per cell voltage) to make this work. I suppose with a pinout or the battery it would be possible but the only battery I have doesn’t power on even though the voltage is correct (battery was in the water but checked it with a multimeter after opening it).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31