Blade longetivity?

Reaction score
How long should P3 blades last if there are no obvious signs of wear or damage, other than a couple of funky, but not seriously-bad landings?

unfortunately the answer is "It depends" - you need to check them for any signs of cracks or chips and loss of pliability... but other than that it's up to your comfort level. I find, even in the best circumstances, you'll eventually hit insects etc on flights and they can chip the blades...

There's no real replacement schedule.

So long as there's no cracks, chips, or other wear... indefinitely.
(my P2 props are 14 mos. old)

Hubs are a concern for some but that is something you'll have to evaluate based on your donning/doffing habits.

They should last a long time if you don't crash and/or damage the hubs by over tightening them.

I watched a YouTube vid that someone linked to last night about how to balance your props. The man in the video talked about how the P3 blades use a composite hub (vs steel in older models). According to the vid, the composites grip the shaft tighter (because of motor braking ) than the steel hubs. This makes them require more force to screw on. One of the blades he used screwed on almost as easy as the steel hub one. He stated that this blade had been removed 6 or 7 times so it has loosened up.

Should a "loose" blade like this be replaced? I leave my P3 blades on in the hard case. Also, I read in a crash report someone suggesting setting the braking to 70% in the app to protect against props falling off.

125 flights. Take my props off all the time. Still on the stock ones.

Reactions: PaulMuns
He stated that this blade had been removed 6 or 7 times so it has loosened up.
The blades should not loosen up. If that's the case, they are probably damaged from installing them incorrectly.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers