Blade Guard and String Closure

Reaction score
What strategies besides using the enclosed string do others use to close gap between guards?
Kind of a PITA to loop string thru every time they're used.

I never removed the string. I was able to remove the prop guards without having to remove the string, no extra slack or anything.

I don't use them anymore, but rubber bands might work.

I used to use string, but after flying in misty conditions the moisture caused the string to stretch and sag off. Naturally when dry it went back to being tight again, but I just didnt see the point.
I have considered fishing line and someone once posted on here that they used arrows (as in bow and arrow), cut down and neatly fitted over the string loops.

I have used fishing line, it makes it look more dangerous. :rolleyes:

I don't think it strengthens the prop guards, Its an area that a pole, small tree, arm or neck could still get in contact with the props, could still easily take you down.

Yes, the arrows, was the best so far.

Rod

What are we talking about,,pics please,,I'm lost,,I got string with my p34k,,but had no idea what it was for,,

Last edited:
Reactions: wolf~928
Some prop guards actually come with little plastic parts that are an accessory that are meant to clip right on the corners of each guard. I have two sets of guards that I purchased for my drones back in the day, don't use any of them anymore kind of think they're more suited for beginners. But to answer your question I go with fishing line, think that is a good choice for closing the gap between the guards.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4