Blade gard

What are the best ones to get or don't you need them

Need is a relevant term. We use them when teaching new operators or when flying in confined/close quarters.

They do decrease performance and increase the effect of wind on the aircraft (more drag maybe?). Be prepared for slightly different flight feel and reduced flight times.

I don't know which are the best as we just get them from the manufacturer of the aircraft in question.

Terry 24
Here’s a set I’ve posted in the classifieds last Thursday.
A few bucks & shipping.
Remember though...when running prop guards, the longer screws required for installation & use, MUST BE REMOVED, when you remove the guards & revert back to a no guard aircraft. Motor damage will result if long screws are put back in..
B65F297C-C1C0-4949-BD64-4912400CA83A.jpeg

The OEM guards seem to work just as well as 3rd party ones and aren’t expensive. Which ones specifically are per model. The Phantom 3 guards (above) are different from the ones for the Phantom 4 or Mavic
I own two sets of those guards in the photos; one for each Phantom. They also come in white. I'm often landing on uneven surfaces and these have saved my props many times when the thing tips over.

They can drift in and out of camera view but that doesn't bother me.

I am wondering if anybody knows of a cage that would fit over the DJI Phantom 4 version 2 perhaps something made of carbon fiber so that it could be flowing in an event without concern for damage to property or people. Does anybody know if such a beast exists?

I am wondering if anybody knows of a cage that would fit over the DJI Phantom 4 version 2 perhaps something made of carbon fiber so that it could be flowing in an event without concern for damage to property or people. Does anybody know if such a beast exists?

There's multiple ones out there on the market. Just google "phantom drone cage" and you should see at least a few different options.

Reactions: umanbean
There's multiple ones out there on the market. Just google "phantom drone cage" and you should see at least a few different options.

Just wanted to say I like your signature line :)

Reactions: Wilbur
Just wanted to say I like your signature line :)

Thanks. That was from a professor of a college chemistry class I took. We were talking about quantum physics one day (for some reason), and he said never believe anyone who says they fully understand it. I added the drone regulations part. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94