Blackpearl + Immersion RC

Reaction score
Hello guys,

Bought 2 sets of the FPV setup mentioned. Out of the box it worked flawlessly. The other set is yet to be installed as I am waiting for the Phantom 2 to arrive.

So if 2 Phantoms 2 are to fly together. What settings/channels/bands should I change to to avoid any unwanted interfearance in the FPVs setup?

Just make sure that you choose video channels that are 2 channels apart to avoid crosstalk.

Are you using the immersionrc 5.8 600mv with the black pearl? I'm trying to find a monitor that's works good with the immersion

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

mustang_52 said:
Are you using the immersionrc 5.8 600mv with the black pearl? I'm trying to find a monitor that's works good with the immersion

Yes I am using this setup.

For those using these setup I noticed it came out of the box with Band F. Does it makes any different if any other Band are used?

What's the range and quality your getting out of this setup. Ive heard that there are some issues with the immersion and black pearl in another thread here.

airbiscuit said:
mustang_52 said:

For those using these setup I noticed it came out of the box with Band F. Does it makes any different if any other Band are used?

Band f matches the frequency of the immersionrc.

mustang_52 said:
What's the range and quality your getting out of this setup. Ive heard that there are some issues with the immersion and black pearl in another thread here.

Did a few test recently on range.

Took off and just flown my Phantom 2 straight ahead at about 40 m height. All okay until about 400 m distant. A bit of static started to show and increasing height a little bit more did improved the quality.

Continued on moving until 1 km distant and at this point the video started to break more and more static but I can still see the video on the screen. Moving up to about 100 m height at this point did improved the quality. Then did a u-turn and head back home.

Stock controller with the TX Antenna pointing to the back of the Phantom 2.

On my 2nd test did the same thing but now the TX Antenna is position so it is pointing out to the left side of the Phantom 2. Results? Better than the ptevious one.

Overall I am happy with my FPV setup.

mustang_52 said:
airbiscuit said:
mustang_52 said:

Band f matches the frequency of the immersionrc.

Thanks for the info.

Did not know the IRC works on Band F.

airbiscuit said:
mustang_52 said:

Did a few test recently on range.

Took off and just flown my Phantom 2 straight ahead at about 40 m height. All okay until about 400 m distant. A bit of static started to show and increasing height a little bit more did improved the quality.

Continued on moving until 1 km distant and at this point the video started to break more and more static but I can still see the video on the screen. Moving up to about 100 m height at this point did improved the quality. Then did a u-turn and head back home.

Stock controller with the TX Antenna pointing to the back of the Phantom 2.

On my 2nd test did the same thing but now the TX Antenna is position so it is pointing out to the left side of the Phantom 2. Results? Better than the ptevious one.

Overall I am happy with my FPV setup.

What antennas are you using? I am having major range issues on my black pearl with immersionrc receiver and duel spironet antennas. (so the black pearl has one spiro and one stock rubber duck). I don't know if I am doing something wrong or if I should get a new transmitter or rather get a new UNO receiver.

mustang_52 said:

Do you have any further info on black pearl with immersionrc? I have this setup along with spironet antennas and have horrible range. Any info and/or reccomendations would be much appreciated.

helishmeli said:
mustang_52 said:

Do you have any further info on black pearl with immersionrc? I have this setup along with spironet antennas and have horrible range. Any info and/or reccomendations would be much appreciated.

How many channels does your black pearl have?

OI Photography said:
helishmeli said:
mustang_52 said:

How many channels does your black pearl have?

I think I have the black pearl with just band F and not the full 32 channels. Also, the black pearl I have is SMA and not the RPSMA version.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl