Black lines in final video... is this normal?

Reaction score
Getting black vertical lines whenever I'm pointing the camera near the sun (as seen below where the black blob is) or where the video is being over exposed. Is this normal!? This is NOT overexposure warning... these black lines show up real-time AND in the final video. Is my camera defective?
upload_2015-8-25_23-6-42.png

No, that is not normal. If you haven't installed the latest firmware, that would be a great thing to try.

It really looks like the highlights clipping warning. Check it you have it turned off. Not sure why it is appearing in your final video though.

The firmware is up-to-date (1.3.20). I've only had the drone for about two weeks and updated it the day I got it.

I don't think it's an overexposure warning. That setting is off, and besides, the warning lines are diagonal. Warning lines certainly wouldn't show up on the final video either.

Sounds like I have a bad camera or something. I'll venture into DJI customer support and see if I can get it replaced.

I did the camera test this morning and pointed the camera to the brightest spot in the sky before doing a camera reset from the Go app and it seemed to have worked to some degree! the vertical black lines are still visible in overexposed areas but the camera seems to be reacting more quickly and there are way less lines. heres a test video i shot at 1pm, ill shoot another around sunset to compare to yesterdays footage.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

from another thread i read some guy send his camera back to DJI and they charged $491 to replace the whole camera/gimbal and he had to wait all that time..

I'm thinking about switching out the ribbon wire still, it could be damaged and just a shitty connection causing all that noise on the white channel.. if i do spend the money to switch the whole camera i think ill do it myself instead of ship to DJI to save time because you sure as hell dont save $.

Last edited:
Did you eliminate this in the end? If so how? I have the same issue with my new P3 Pro which is running the latest software. In my case the higher the resolution / frame rate the worse the issue.

I had to ship mine back to the nearest DJI repair facility (LA) to have them fix it. I'm assuming they replaced the whole camera assembly, not really sure. But it did fix the issue, no more black lines!!!

By the by, it was still covered under warranty, so all I had to do was pay to ship it out to CA.

I had to ship mine back to the nearest DJI repair facility (LA) to have them fix it. I'm assuming they replaced the whole camera assembly, not really sure. But it did fix the issue, no more black lines!!!

By the by, it was still covered under warranty, so all I had to do was pay to ship it out to CA.

Thanks for the reply. Out of curiosity did yours have the black lines in all video modes or just limited to higher resolution and frame rates? i.e 4k

Hi. Do you resolve the problem with thin black lines???
А few days ago I got the same problem.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.