Black Friday 2017

I think this article seems pretty accurate on what it could be. Every DJI Camera Drone Black Friday & Cyber Monday 2017 Deal
B&H has price matched the $1335 price on Amazon by dropping their official P4P price, and has sent out a 5% discount off any DJI product to their email list, dropping the P4P price today to an unheard of $1268! :cool: You won't find a better deal anywhere!
IMG_7295.jpg

Reactions: F3honda4me
Thanks, I have the Obsidian on order so hopefully I can pick up some matching batteries cheaper on Black Friday
Maybe, but I suspect the Obsidian batteries will be in short supply. It took Best Buy 9 months to stock the P4P white batteries separately from the P4P sales. A little black gaffers tape with cutouts should do fine over the white ones. Power is identical. Heck, we had to use underpowered the P4 batteries for months as spares on the white P4P!

Reactions: John Locke
In the market to purchase. Can't wait till BF! But I will...:(
Why? It's a full month away! By then, you could have flown 30 missions, at just one flight a day. It's highly unlikely you will save any money over the $1268 price above, and if you need any support help, or discover a warranty defect, good luck with the 5 hour hold times, as we get closer to the end of the year, and the 30-45 day turnarounds that will result from overwhelming the DJI call center! Buy now to fly now! :D

When will DJI show us their sales?
They'll appear on DJI's website when they have been announced. Or just wait until you see people starting talking about them here.

You paid sales tax at BB, they won't include the tax when price matching from what I recall, right? B&H is no tax and free shipping, but you have to wait 3 days to get it.
Yea but BH photo returns/exchange for DJI products is a huge pita. They use a 3rd party company, and the process takes weeks. So I'd rather pay the tax and get it locally. And I'm glad I did, as I actually had to return this p4p bird for another one as it had some mechanical problems. I was able to drive back to best buy and exchange it no problem.

Yea but BH photo returns/exchange for DJI products is a huge pita. They use a 3rd party company, and the process takes weeks. So I'd rather pay the tax and get it locally. And I'm glad I did, as I actually had to return this p4p bird for another one as it had some mechanical problems. I was able to drive back to best buy and exchange it no problem.
Yes, that is sometimes worth the tax. I had a gimbal vibration problem with my P4P, that I bought from Best Buy, but I didn't discover it until I had it 20 days. BB policy is 14 day exchange if you haven't done over $1500 in business PRIOR to your drone purchase. I had to send mine into DJI. They replaced the camera/gimbal assemble, took 2wks, which I was OK with. B&H has a 30 day policy, but does take a few days to exchange, plus the return shipping cost.

Everything seemed fine at first with my P4P from Best Buy. I thought I had tested EVERYTHING the first week I had it. However, when the craft was tipped left 20 degrees, the gimbal vibrated and hummed, which created jello in the video. I learned from this discovery that I need to test the gimbal at all angles to validate a new Phantom craft in the future. That can be done with no props. Just turn it on and let it complete the boot cycle, then pick it up the craft, hold from the top, then move the craft around slowly to all reasonable flight angles and listen for a hum. When you hear it, you can also feel gimbal vibrating if you softly touch the camera.

I wish DJI would discover the virtues of testing their craft before they box them up. Since they have to turn on the craft to link the RC anyway, at the same time why not also:
1. inspect the camera to ensure it points straight forward? (there are many people reporting crooked cameras, and some don't realize they have the problem)
2. move the craft around to make sure the gimbal doesn't vibrate?
3. test every battery to make sure it will take a charge?

# 1 & 2 above would take another 20 seconds to perform, if performed at the same time they link the craft to the RC. That's far cheaper than the cost of the returns they're getting for these undiscovered flaws.

Reactions: F3honda4me
If you had actually used B&H for a return, you would know that the above statements about the B&H return/exchange process are untrue. Yes, they require you to call a 3rd party, but that drone company answers the phone live, without having to wait on hold or leave a message, takes your return information, emails you a free return label, and my three P4P refunds were each processed by B&H within 24 hours of receipt by the 3rd party.

On the other hand, my DJI direct purchased P4P refund, after returning the unopened sealed P4P shipping box to Los Angeles, took 6 weeks to be credited back to my account, with every excuse in the book for the delays!

B&H rocks, without sales tax, and will also price match! Please don't sell them short, based upon lies perpetuated by others, to try and get you to buy through their own affiliate links, which offer no returns at all!

I bought mine from best buy for $1295, because they price matched BH photo price of $1295.
When was this?

Of the four P4P's I bought from Best Buy with a 45 day return policy as an Elite Plus member, every one of them were defective in some way. On my last P4P from them, I wanted to buy yet 5th one from them, to make sure it was a good one, to replace the 4th defective one, which was the best of the four, but still defective. However, I was told I could not return a nondefective drone, even to exchange it for a defective one I had previously purchased, so I returned the 4th defective P4P for a refund instead, and bought a new replacement from B&H. Best Buy then cancelled my return privileges on all future purchases. The last replacement P4P bought from B&H was problem free. Best Buy DJI inventory is all from the same defective DJI stock, and there is no way to verify the exchanged unit is from a newer or different batch than the one you already bought. That's been my experience. YMMV. :cool:

Last edited:
Got a price alert from BH tonight, current price is $1326. Not sure if this is a temporary price match deal or if this is early BF pricing.

I understand if someone has been burned by BH somehow. But I've been shopping there for around 15 years both for my freelance business and my full time video production gig. They've never failed me and are a true resource to actual professionals in the creative industries.

Got a price alert from BH tonight, current price is $1326. Not sure if this is a temporary price match deal or if this is early BF pricing.

I understand if someone has been burned by BH somehow. But I've been shopping there for around 15 years both for my freelance business and my full time video production gig. They've never failed me and are a true resource to actual professionals in the creative industries.
Couldn't agree more. I have spent over $20,000 with B&H over the last 15 years myself, and never had a problem, and always been well taken care of. They are an honest NY camera merchant. That's supposed to be an oxymoron. B&H is the exception! Buy with confidence! $1326 is their current price today, and all prices are temporary and their P4P prices fluctuate between $1265 (lowest I've seen) and $1499.:cool:

Reactions: keeganxt

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockymountaincaptures