Black Box.

Reaction score
Hi I just brought a Phantom 3 Pro, second hand.
Upon reciving it, I noticed it had been moded wit a small black box on the side.
It looks like it say's AYTREX.
Any ideas ?

Welcome to the Forum!

How about a picture?
I searched for "AYTREX" it comes up shoes. ;)

Rod

Reactions: Capt KO
FlyTrex maybe?

FLYTREX LIVE 3G
DESIGNED FOR DJI PHANTOM, INSPIRE, NAZA, A2, WKM, BLADE, IRIS+, PIXHAWK AND MORE
The world's leading live black box
for multirotors and quadcopters

Reactions: Oso
FlyTrex maybe?

FLYTREX LIVE 3G
DESIGNED FOR DJI PHANTOM, INSPIRE, NAZA, A2, WKM, BLADE, IRIS+, PIXHAWK AND MORE
The world's leading live black box
for multirotors and quadcopters
@BigAl07 is a rock star.

Thank you for your help.
Yes it is Flytrex, I think I had a blonde moment as Fl looked like an A.
Next question, is it worth keeping it attached as I see it is no longer supported.

Reactions: RodPad and BigAl07
Thank you for your help.
Yes it is Flytrex, I think I had a blonde moment as Fl looked like an A.
Next question, is it worth keeping it attached as I see it is no longer supported.

With "Flying" weight is one of your biggest enemies. I'd remove it to save some weight. It might not make a big difference but I wouldn't keep it on there unless it was mounted in such a way that removing it could be destructive to the aircraft (As in glued securely).

I saw a very light and seemingly small GPS tracker offered on FaceBook recently that seemed interesting. I meant to go back and research it but forgot about it until just now LOL.

Flytrex is no longer supported. It is dead weight. I had one and loved it. Real time tracking via your smartphone. They screwed us by shutting down the tracking and website. Removing it could be tricky depending on the version. It is connected into the Phantom like a Borg. You have to disconnect the extraneous cables and reconnect the Phantom cables back to their original positions.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic