Bklack Pearl 32ch Monitor Question

Reaction score
I was flying at the Univ of Georgia (USA) campus and was coming from one location to another for different shots and left my futaba transmitter and black pearl monitor (which was attached to the transmitter) on the back seat of the car for the short ride across campus. it slid fromt he seat onto the floorboard and when I went to use it 5 minute later the video signal was toast. I got "rolling" black and white broken image that still had the iOSD as well.

Is there a chance there is a fine-tuning that got tweeked that I can adjust or is this thing toast. I know its not the antenna (Omni-directional was "slightly" bent and patch antenna was ok) because I usually get a clean picture within 50' or so even without the receiver antennae attached.

The futaba is unscathed.

Any insight? Am I going shopping for a new receiver before my trip to Hawaii next month?

Interesting. Make sure the Channel and band are still in the same spot on the Black pearl. Also, try using different antennas if you have them.

yeah, I cycled thru the channels, still garbage for video. Changed channels on the video transmitter and same type of picture when I adjust the receiver to the same channel. I am going to try a different antenna right now, but as I said I really don't thinks it's antenna related because the video picture used to be clean even without antenna on the received from 0-50' away.

I think the flux capacitor isn't fluxing anymore :-(

have you checked it hasn't changed the ntsc/pal settings

p fandango said:
have you checked it hasn't changed the ntsc/pal settings

Wow. You are good! I actually took it back to ezdrone in San Diego where I bought it and they went through the setting and "voila" it now works. Must have been that the battery pack jostled when it got bumped and some stray voltage got through and reset the settings. It'a all good in the nay-bo-hood now!

Thanks Terry and Nate at EZDrone

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl