Birds attacks

Reaction score
Hi everyone
There are quite a few clips on Youtube of the bird attacks on the drones. After watching them I'm getting scared every time I see a bird in close proxymity to my Phantom. But realy, how great is the threat? Did anyone expieriance a bird attack? Which birds are more aggressive?
Thanks.

I think the time of year is probably critical. Nesting season is when they become most aggressive.
Seagulls are some of the worst - the big British Herring Gulls are very nasty and will even chase birds of prey but so far I have been lucky and haven't even come close to an attack. I also fly in the mountains and we get plenty of birds of prey and again no problems.
I think a rapid climb and sideways motion is probably the best escape route - drones don't dive very well but birds do!

As wibble said, it's going to vary between season and species. I'm considering using my X4 as a forward observer platform and see if anything chases it. So far, crows have run away and the local gulls have been totally uninterested. But it's winter, no nests. -

I've had a flock of sea gulls surround mine but I was able to land it quickly. As an after thought I probably could have just taken it straight up to 400 feet and that would have ended it also. They seemed more curious then wanting to attack it and basically it was part of the flock. I wish that I had my other camera running in front of me because they were flying with in a foot or 2 of it and circling it like the P3 was their best pal. This is one of the reasons that painting it a different color might change their attitude but it could be either good or bad. They didn't attack it, they just wanted to make a new friend right? hehe Watch it at 480p

Eagles and hawks-- stay away from those -- they will attack-- surely you all saw that eagle video a chap posted about a week ago, the was some serious bird of prey. He took it all the way to the ground and knocked it around before he flew off.

Eagles and hawks-- stay away from those -- they will attack-- surely you all saw that eagle video a chap posted about a week ago, the was some serious bird of prey. He took it all the way to the ground and knocked it around before he flew off.
I thought it was a nest he took it to?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl