Bird upside down in creek

Reaction score
I've been depressed for three days. I was filming the entrance to a development on High Rock Lake, flying low to capture the bridge and creek. I had my P3S on course lock and was sweeping over the entrance. Third sweep and I stopped at the edge of the woods, about thirty feet vertical. I swung the bird around facing me and brought the right stick forward thinking I was gonna fly straight to me. Oh no - still on course lock! Struck a tree hard and fell fast. I knew instantly the mistake I had just made. My heart sunk to my stomach where it has remained for three days. I ran down the shoulder of the bridge to my drone, upside down in the creek. Sorry, no film as I had turned off the camera. Got her in March, crashed her in May. The pain is palpable.
gimbal bracket.jpg
body final.jpg

after you get it working again fly in home lock that way will come towards you sorry to see this happen

It always sucks when its your own piloting skills that cause a crash. Its nice to be able to point to other factors for sure.

Reading this reminds me to switch out of course lock before trying to return my bird to me. So in that its a helpful reminder.

Reactions: Airbroker
if you are in home lock it comes back to you within 30 feet then you have to switch back to normal to land it as I say hand catch it

Sorry to hear of your crash!! My friend did the same a couple weeks ago.

From what I can see You've stripped out your 2.4ghz antennas. DJI part 97 :) if your gimbal and gimbal ribbon cable are still intact it's a simple fix. Just replace the antennas and plug the connectors into the top of the gimbal:)

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Thanks for your thoughts. I know there is a long and storied history of DIY repair in the model aircraft hobby, unfortunately I am not knowledgable or skilled in this area. I am a photographer and the drone is my tripod in the sky. I would not trust myself in trying the repair. Does anyone have any suggestions who might do the repair? I live near Charlotte, North Carolina.

I live in Charlotte as well, I'm not sure if there are any shops :(

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl