P3s CSC not working after low-level crash with bird upside down on ground

Reaction score
Greetings and salutations

My name is Michael and I've had my P3s for about 2 months and around 60 flights. Apart from the fact that in suburban parks I seem to only get around 400-450m before my image transmission cuts out, I've loved it and have taken many great videos and photos. Windsurfer hasn't done much if anything FWIW

But also I digress...

The only thing I can't get my head around is CSC command. Admittedly, since I do take some risks I have had a few minor crashes; all close to home point and at an altitude of less than 1.8 metres. Every time the bird hit the column, fence or shrub and went upside down on the ground. Every time, I've had to actually pick it up by its legs and manually power down with an elbow or my nose on the phone via the DJI go app. The last time was the pits, as once in my hand the bird spun resulting in shallow but ugly lacerations on my forearm (not cool).

To me it just seems that once the bird is upside down on the grass it just grinds away at the props making me worried about motor burn out, hence why I've always picked it up.

Which leads me to my question: after it's upside down, does CSC not work?? It hasn't seemed to work for me. I've been lurking around for a while and haven't been able to find a definitive answer.

Thanks
Mike

Last edited:
As Oso and HWCM mention in the link below, I too remember quite a few reports of CSC not working when a P3 has crashed and is upside-down with motors still spinning (or grinding :(). If it happens and you're nearby, then the only solution is to pull out the battery as quickly as you can. It doesn't seem to happen to everyone though.

Here's the link:- P3P Crash Lessons Learned

Reactions: Honda_impreza

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl